??? for the men out there-

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try Henderson weysuit they make them in tall sizes the torso is 3 inches longer than a normal suit
I have 3 they are great

But sense nobody has had this problem before you might want to post your question in the dive medicine thread or seek out a dive doctor. thats my 2 cents. and I hope you find out answers to your question. Mike

A wet suit fills with water which is non-compressable. A wet suit won't squeeze you like a dry suit will if you don't add air. There's something else going on. I'd say that the suit just doesn't fit.

Ouch! :confused:

That's never happened to me and hopefully never will.

Bob

I may have the answer to why this is happening to you.

I think squeeze is very unlikely in a wetsuit.
Rather, I think what is happening is the following:

Your wetsuit may be a little too short from your shoulder to crotch.
Out of the water, it doesn't feel too bad because the friction between your skin and the suit holds the material stretched, putting little pressure on your crotch.

However, once you enter the water and water fills the space between the suit and your skin, the suit slides more easily and thus is no longer held in place by your skin. The result is that most of the pressure resulting from the short suit will rest on your crotch and shoulders. Since the shoulders are broader and less sensitive, you will feel it most acutely in your crotch area. :wacko:

The solution to this, is of course to get a suit that fits better.

Does this seem like what's happening? :D

ajmataz once bubbled...
Has this happened to any of you guys out there, because it's happened to me quite a few times...

Upon descending and spending some time below (~15 meters) my wetsuit starts squeezing and it squeezes enough to start compressing my crotch. Here's a description: it feels like my testicles are being pushed into my stomach. :eek:hno:

No joke, it can get quite painful. Granted the wetsuit I was wearing was a rental, but it's happened with two seperate wetsuits that have been good fits outside the water (so I thought).

Advice? Similar experiences?

Yes my buddy and I both had similar experiences, it didn't happen all the time and I'm not sure whether it was just at depth or not but I remember it being quite painful as the wetsuit seemed to crush "the boys in the barracks" causing a similar feeling too being kicked in between the legs!
We both had hired semi dry wetsuits , and we joked that next time we would have to ask for suits with extra large spaces for our "lunch boxes":D

Go with the cup. Whatever you do protect the boys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom