??? for the men out there-

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.....it's a good advice to have your own suit, if I were you I would visit a doctor to check things up. I don't mean to alarm you, it might be nothing, it might be something.....so why take the chance? Take the time and visit and M.D.

paulwlee once bubbled...
I may have the answer to why this is happening to you.

I think squeeze is very unlikely in a wetsuit.
Rather, I think what is happening is the following:

Your wetsuit may be a little too short from your shoulder to crotch.
Out of the water, it doesn't feel too bad because the friction between your skin and the suit holds the material stretched, putting little pressure on your crotch.

However, once you enter the water and water fills the space between the suit and your skin, the suit slides more easily and thus is no longer held in place by your skin. The result is that most of the pressure resulting from the short suit will rest on your crotch and shoulders. Since the shoulders are broader and less sensitive, you will feel it most acutely in your crotch area. :wacko:

The solution to this, is of course to get a suit that fits better.

Does this seem like what's happening? :D

As a matter of fact, I think this was exactly what was happening. My shoulders are a little wider for my height and the rental suit fit really snug between the shoulder and crotch. Under water it was like the lower half of the wetsuit kept sliding up and crushing the little guys. Plus, the shorts I was wearing were not tight, so the extra fabric probably did not help.

I'm looking to getting the Mares Isotherm in the very near future (for PNW diving). Hopefully, no ball busting will be happening there. :shame:

Man, only until recently somebody posted that they had the same experience. Got me a little worried...

Maybe you have 'air' in your lines!! lol lol ROFLMAO

Sorry man, couldn't resist....but that probably cause it's not my boys being crunched!!

I've never experienced this either...I can't really see it being the suit (try some different styles) perhaps some form of 'restraint system'). Love the suggestions of tying them off on the anchor...but probably not all that practical!! lol lol

Have you eaten sardines within the last 72 hours?
Have you found yourself doing the Warhammer Maneuver?
Does Afgan food somehow taste differently than before?
Do you have a family history of dropsy? Ewings Tumor?
Yonks Disease?

I'd get those boys looked at by the Mayo Clinic without
further delay. They might be able to save them!:eek:

the same thing happened to me only not just when diving, when surfing also. thats how i figured out that it couldn't be depth related. so i took out a tape measure and compared the torso lengths of all three of my wetties. sure enough the one that squeezed me was about a half an inch shorter than the other 2. but for the love of god man buy your own wetsuit. to paraphrase joey from friends - thats like goin' commando in another mans jeans.

Do any of you know what you are talking about? If you havent dove in a dozen brands of wetsuits in the last 3 years stay off the subject LOL ...

YES you can regularly get squeezed in as little as 20 feet of water in a WELL fitting wetsuit. The only meaningful post in this thread to answer the authors issues is the one that said ... "is your wetsuit fully flooded".

1/2 dozen manufacturers make wetsuits with new modern seams and fits. These are not actually called semi-dry ... but they have surpassed the semi dry technologies of the late 80's and all of the 90's. In a suit like this my only suggestion is that you have to grin and bear the discomfort of letting some cold water in. The most difficult two parts:

1. Getting the zipper open enough (under your BC) to let water in (large amounts and you have to wiggle to get it down there). Why the zipper? Cause the neck and sleeves dramatically resist water intake and you'll get so little through, that you'll be back at it again every 5 feet or so that you descend.
2. Not being able to piss in the suit. These types of suits hold the water inside so well that if you piss in the suit .. even after a 1 hour dive when you get out you will still have the pee with you LOL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom