Force Fin Designs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Attachments

• 2005-alex-sd1-paintings-002.jpg
    2005-alex-sd1-paintings-002.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 81
This Force model never made the market. Was trying to use a fiberglass rod to control flex of the blade. Later ended up using controllable winglets
uu-93.jpg

This Force model never made the market. Was trying to use a fiberglass rod to control flex of the blade. Later ended up using controllable wingletsView attachment 727635.
Hi Bob !

Would you care to elaborate and tell us why it didn't make it, please ? Thinking we might learn a thing or 2 about fins.

Position of foil on OPS to frog kick. The other side just the opposite turn. Move legs in and out and fly.https://forcefin.com/x-ray-mag-interview/
IMG_4612.jpg-fw.jpg

At 72 now I look back when Jimmy Gray and I worked for 10 years. Early 1970's. Jimmy was building Kirby Morgan diving helmets and after work came over to help me make fiberglass molds. What a time we had together with Jimmy coming to work with me full time after being let go on his Heroin problem. Susanne and I helped him after we became aware and in the end he overdosed. Sad really. I owe some of my gift of tooling work to Jimmy. Part of the deal we had was a cold 6 pack of Bud beer each day. Our shop is a historical landmark in Santa Barbara called the FUNK ZONE. 28 Anacapa Street.
img020-fw.jpg
fr-39.jpg-fw.jpg
img016.jpg-fw.jpg

Our tooling is like no other. Amazed it is still going for over 40 years now. Wonder way I take so much personally.
ff-17.jpg-fw.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom