Force Fin Designs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My first Commercial design for pounding Abalone. 1971. Still made in our family foundry in Los Angeles, please think about a Thanksgiving or Christmas gift. Helps support our many projects. Thank you and GOD bless American made products. The Original WhackerSpoon – ChessEvans Gallery and how they are made.
whacker_spoon-fw.png

Wow when I look back at 1971 holding my 2nd Fiberglass Force Fin design. My partner Andy McMullen took this 35 mm with infrared film, Kodak, while we were attending Brooks Institute of Photography, Santa Barbara, California. Then yesterday with our new high performance polyurethane Force Fin.
scan-3-21-2017-clean-resized.jpg
IMG_3793.jpg-fw.jpg

Their has been a good discussion on Vents in fins. I have always been fascinated with this subject having used Jet fins from Scubapro for over 20 years. I really discover where water really traveled working on the Rip Force fin with it's flat blade design. Working on the World's first Split Fin ( coined the name) Foil Force It's the SNAP - Force Fin had to really open up the space in-between to get the water moving from side to side. Here is the Foil Force fin and other later designs opening up between the foils. Plan to get into depth on this subject. but will take time and thought. Fun story and each time I see blended winglet's Engineers - Force Fin
w-35.jpg
2006034-055-fw.png

Some of these early designs will be going up for sale. SOON. Will give small discount to
l-26.jpg-fw.jpg
Scubaboard troops.

You can see the gap that was needed to move the water flow over the foils.

Attachments

• b-19.jpg
    b-19.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 57
When I realized venting on fins did not really add up I started to attach winglets on the fins surface. This worked. When flying I always look at at the winglets and think if our Patent Lawyer had filed my idea for aviation and not swim fins I might be singing Dixie......https://forcefin.com/engineers/ Boeing filed two months later.
vents-jet-fin-fw.jpg
DSC_0635-clean-resized.jpg
20021110 050.jpg
IMG_3512.jpg-fw.jpg

Back
Top Bottom