Force Fins vs Jetfins - tek diving and all the kicks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

don't think the specialty kicks are harder to learn in force fins. The only thing I dislike about my force fins is they suck against currents. If you're doing slow, precise kicks, though, they're great. Here's a youtube video of someone frogkicking with force fins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQvpQHvui28

This is a bad example of fog kick. Don't do this!!

True ! Frog kick have to be completed just as you would with your hands clap together . In that way you have max propulsion on your fins ( like squid )

That was also my experience last year in Coz...

For fresh water/wet dives (no current), I love my FFP's, but in the current I was getting passed by newbee divers in Mares Avanti's. I still have my FFP's but this year I'm taking my shiny new DR XT's.

(FFP's are XXL w/padded inserts. DR's are size Large. DR's are right at about 24" total not counting the spring strap sticking out)

Maybe I'm doing it wrong :confused:

Let us know how you like the Dive Rite fins.

Hatul, Those Flat fin's were the same one's I used years ago at San Miguel island. Apollo sold the mold. I liked the fin over the jet fin I had used for 20 years. No Vents! and they had used a thermal Plastic Urethane for the injected fin part. My only "BEEF" is that it hangs off the end of your foot, which make no sense at all. Plus it is another "Flat Blade fin" [video=youtube;shQVnMkuU5I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shQVnMkuU5I[/video]

I've never used force fins so probably shouldn't chime in.

But I have tried tonnes and tonnes of fins. I carry them down caves, decide I don't want to carry them there again so leave them there, then I go begging local dive clubs for old fins.

A few months ago I was given a set of jet fins. All I can say is theyre worth carrying out the cave again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please chime in on the plus/minus. I have a pair of Force Fins. I'm considering Jetfins. I think both are Scubapro. In the catalog of kicks, is one better?

I have tried Force fins in the past (The Accelerating version). I used them on eight dives, and gave them a fair trial using various kicking styles.
They flutter kicked well; I did not care for them while frog kicking, back kicking, and helicopter turns.

Sure, I could make them work. I can back kick in just boots; so I can make any kick "work". That is not the same as saying they are ideal for the task.

I currently own a pair of the regular Force fins; They flutter kick well, and like the accelerating Force Fins, I can also make them "work" for the other styles of kicking.

To answer your question in regards to "the catalog of kicks", which I take to mean all of them.....one is better in this regard, and it would be the Jet fin.

The Jet fin isn't a perfect fin of course, but it covers all of the bases when it comes to movement and control while moving through the water with a lot of gear on.

I like trying out different fins, for diving, pool workouts, snorkling, and free diving. I have bought many, and sold many. I'm always trying out new fins.
I like playing around in the water.....different styles of fins are fun to use and play around with.

Lately I have been liking the Mares Power Plana more than my Jets.

For reference I have owned or currently own:
Jets
Quattros
Power Planas
Dive Rite
Force Fins
Mares free diving fins
Mako free diving fins
Scuba Pro Sea wing Novas
Aqualung X-shot

I have borrowed and used, for a handful of dives the following fins:

Atomic split fins
Scuba pro twin jet
Twin jet max
Apollo Bio fins
Force Fin accelerating version
Hollis F-1
Rocket II

I'm pretty objective when it comes to giving my opinion; or I try to be as much as possible.
Many of the above listed fins are pretty close to one another in how they feel in the water. Much of it is just splitting hairs.
They all have their sweet spot....which probably explains most people's preferences in fins; myself included.

The accelerating Force fins are much better than the regular force fins.
For an all-around fin for "Tek diving" (Your thread title).

I would choose Jets over your current force fin....which is what you specifically asked about; comparing those two.

Cheers,
Mitch

@ Hatul: I have them in medium and small. The blade in the small is quite a bit smaller than the mediums, same size as regular Hollis F2s. I like them. They are my top equal wet suit fins with my Malaysian Turbo Planas.

Drysuit, without a doubt Mares Power Plana. I/I've own/owned Jets and Hollis F1s.

I've always wanted to try some Force Fins but have never had the opportunity.

I've always wanted to try some Force Fins but have never had the opportunity.

If you were my size I would send you mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added March 21st, 2015 at 08:50 AM ----------

Side topic: what is the fastest Force Fin currently available?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom