Fort Pickens Jetties and USS Massachusettes 1-12-8 Dive Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree, I really want to go back to the USS Mass. sometime soon. I would like to dive it at High tide. There was a lot of fish on that wreck, even in the middle of the winter. It was very strange how quickly the viz. changed up by the anchor line. Walter and I made two attempts to get back there, but viz. had dropped to 1 to 2 foot very quickly.

Good meeting some more ScubaBoard members. Gary's Gulf Diver has a nice boat that gets you to your locatation fast. Thanks to Gary and Blake. Let's do it again soon!

2 new sites for me this trip. I have to get back to the Mass sometime!

I agree with you guys lets get back to the Mass. Shoot thats already three interested, maybe we can find three other scuba freaks like us and make another go at it.

The viz at the end of the dive was really weird as GLENFWB stated. We were going to the bow and just hit this nasty wall of snot. once we backed up maybe 10 feet it all cleared right back up so we just went to the East (?) turret and went up it instead of using my reel since it goes all the way to the surface. The boat was only a few fin kicks away. There was so much cool stuff on this site. Each turn had a new and interesting structure to check out. I would love to see this thing at high slack tide.

I had a great time! It was great to get back in the water. Thanks for putting up with my little newbie quirks! I would love to go back, especially since I was having the buoyancy issues at the Mass and was forced to surface early. Thanks also for lunch!!!! It was great getting to know some new friends in person. Paul, thanks again for letting me carpool with you!!

Great pics GLEN! Some of them came out really well, got re-scared when I saw the starfish though... I think I'm scarred for life.

Mass was great! :D

Thanks I have several more, but I have to shrink each one of them seperately or I cannot upload them to Scubaboard it's a P.I.T.A. but I will sort through some more later in the week.

You need BIMP Lite, it's a freeware Batch Image Processor that will let you select multiple files or a whole directory and run edits on them all at once, such as resizing or renaming or text labeling.

I hate the green tint all the pictures get. Does anyone know of a filter or a way to fix that? I am new to this underwater picture taking. I got some of them cleaned up enough to post but even with the flash, the green tint was always there.

The starfish picture is hilarious....I was laughing through my regulator when I was taking it. I am looking forward to diving the Mass. again. BTW, did you ever get that picture of beer finished???:coke:

Great pics GLEN! Some of them came out really well, got re-scared when I saw the starfish though... I think I'm scarred for life.

Mass was great! :D

You need to adjust your white balance while underwater or shoot in RAW and adjust it later.

How's this look

Attachments

• 0961.jpg
    0961.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 57
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom