Fort Wetherill 5-27-06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dragon2115

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife and I decided to start the season off with a nice easy skills dive at Wetherill on Saturday. My wife's knee started acting up on her unfortunately so we figured the ramp would be easier on it than the goat path so we dove the right cove. I would have liked to have shown her the left cove, but that'll just have to wait for another day.

We went out until we got into the surge at the mouth of the cove and then did a couple of air share drills and shot a couple of marker buoys from 15 feet for practice. After that we just looked around on the way back in and we got to see some interesting critters. There were a few fish around, particularly a few good sized flounder, but mostly just a lot of crabs. I saw one that I wasn't familiar with. It has a more or less triangular body, heavy duty legs, and relatively small pincers for the body size. We also found a very large horseshoe crab. I'd hadn't seen one in the wild before that so it was a nice treat.

We both dive wet so the water is still a little chilly for us and we found ourselves a little cold afterward. We decided on cancelling the second dive rather than going through all the effort and then having to cut it short from getting too cold too quickly. I got to try out my new PST HP100 however and I and love it. It was a b'day present from my wonderful wife, which she decided to give to me a month early when I started whining about getting back in the water. :)

All in all it was a good day and a good way to start off the shore diving season for us and we're looking forward to getting back to lobstering in MA once things warm up a little more north of the cape.

"It was a b'day present from my wonderful wife, which she decided to give to me a month early when I started whining about getting back in the water. "

You knew I'd see this post....

Nah, just proves I can't get away with anything anymore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom