Fox 40 Whistles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had a Dive Alert on my BC for many years, said to be 132 dB. Accidentally activating it a few times, it is very loud. I have never needed it for real.

Cheap Titanium Alloy High Decibel Whistle from Aliexpress, $6.80 US, loud, titanium and small enough.
150-180db
I also have a brass one almost as loud on my other BC , from the same place.
Search : Titanium Alloy High Decibel Whistle Outdoor Camping Survival Whistle Double Pipe Cheerleading Whistle EDC Emergency Multi Tool
On Aliexpress.

Been looking to add some additional safety items to my kit for an upcoming Indo trip.
I was looking at the Hyper Whistles at 142 decibels. Looks a little bulky but should fit fine in my pocket.

Looks like you have to hold this a certain way to properly use it.

Imagining myself floating by my BCD on the surface trying to use this in that way.

As opposed to a Fox 40 Sharx where I have more options for holding it.

The Acme Whistles website has a lot of interesting information on about whistles, including being able to listen to them. The products are cheap and effective, and I believe still made in Birmingham, England. They're the whistles used in a lot of sports by referees.
I have a tornado whistle in my drysuit pocket which if I need it.

The Acme Whistles website has a lot of interesting information on about whistles, including being able to listen to them. The products are cheap and effective, and I believe still made in Birmingham, England. They're the whistles used in a lot of sports by referees.
I have a tornado whistle in my drysuit pocket which if I need it.
You'll never catch Road Runner with it though.

Cheap Titanium Alloy High Decibel Whistle from Aliexpress, $6.80 US, loud, titanium and small enough.
150-180db
I also have a brass one almost as loud on my other BC , from the same place.
Search : Titanium Alloy High Decibel Whistle Outdoor Camping Survival Whistle Double Pipe Cheerleading Whistle EDC Emergency Multi Tool
On Aliexpress.

This ?

Back
Top Bottom