Frameless Mask Questoin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-=ScubA FizZ=-

Registered
Reaction score
Reallly simple question here...

What are the advantages/disadvantages to a frameless mask?

Thanks!

-=FizZ=-

-=ScubA FizZ=- wrote
What are the advantages/disadvantages to a frameless mask?
Ultra-low volume, high prices.

It's the anti-walmart.

Low volume, Easy to clear, Increased field of Vision, 1 piece lens, No plastic frame to crack, very comfortable

The ScubaPro frameless is very, very nice. I bought 2 of them.

...and all the stuff EZ mentioned...I have 2 Oceanic Mini-Shadows and they are only like $35 at LP...that isn't that expensive..

O-ring wrote...
... they are only like $35 at LP...that isn't that expensive..
Jeez, tough audience.

:jester:

metridium once bubbled...
Jeez, tough audience.

:jester:
They are higher than some basic masks, but the ones that I always see that are mucho $$$ are those weird triple purge, 8 lens, 40cf volume monstrosities that go for over $100 at my LDS..

O-ring wrote...

They are higher than some basic masks, but the ones that I always see that are mucho $$$ are those weird triple purge, 8 lens, 40cf volume monstrosities that go for over $100 at my LDS..
Yup, though the last SP Frameless I saw at an LDS was more than $90.00. LP's price was $59.00, if memory serves.

I have the SP frameless, but I got it before the clones came out. The Oceanic is really good as well. Some guys go with the Omer or other freediving masks. They are very low profile, easy to clear and the important thing - They are BLACK and look COOL :D

Eric

Thanks for all of your input...I think I will try one at my LDS. I currently use a SP and the Cressi Horizon. I like them both, but when they leak, they pretty much flood completely. I think a lower volume mask just may be the answer.

Thanks!

-=FizZ=-

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom