Free offer for product review of Z Gear's Pole spear leash (limit 5)!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok so I tested the product...and also tested it in a way that it was not meant to be used :D.

On the dives I had shot the spear multiple times into the sand just as a test and even dropped it and let it hang, it worked well but I can do that with a bit of rope also.

While on that dive I nailed a decent flounder and while I hit the gills it was still a fighter and my spear slipped and the flounder took off with my spear. I used the leash to bring it back.

When I got my spear out I noticed that my stringer clip was broken and the stringer gone...here I had this tasty fish and no stringer...what to do?
I took off the leash from the pole, and put it through a hole made in the side of said fish and used it as a stringer. Worked great even with a swim 300 yards back to shore. Went out a second time and did the same thing. Worked well as a leash but also as an improvised stringer.

I tested the clip as well and it is strong but no too strong as it will allow a breakaway if needed.

I would buy it at around $10-12 just because I can use it differently.

Ok so I tested the product...and also tested it in a way that it was not meant to be used :D.

On the dives I had shot the spear multiple times into the sand just as a test and even dropped it and let it hang, it worked well but I can do that with a bit of rope also.

While on that dive I nailed a decent flounder and while I hit the gills it was still a fighter and my spear slipped and the flounder took off with my spear. I used the leash to bring it back.

When I got my spear out I noticed that my stringer clip was broken and the stringer gone...here I had this tasty fish and no stringer...what to do?
I took off the leash from the pole, and put it through a hole made in the side of said fish and used it as a stringer. Worked great even with a swim 300 yards back to shore. Went out a second time and did the same thing. Worked well as a leash but also as an improvised stringer.

I tested the clip as well and it is strong but no too strong as it will allow a breakaway if needed.

I would buy it at around $10-12 just because I can use it differently.

Thats pretty creative of you to come up with that idea at the time!!! The leash does sell for 12.00. I am glad that you liked it. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who participated, and I really appreciated the time taken by everyone who reviewed our Pole spear leash.I believe it safe to say that the product review was a success!!!

Back
Top Bottom