Free places to dive in TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure what part of the DFW area you're in.

If you're in Ft Worth PK is free if you have a boat. There's an excellant little cove right accross from the dam. It's fairly shallow (45' +/-) and the vis has always been great when I've gone. Or you can go treasure hunting at Hell's Gate. It's a boat magnet, but that's why there's ALWAYS things to find. There's a dock at ScubaPoint you can pull up to when you need more air.

If you're up North Lake Murray is just past the OK border. I've only been there once and we didn't have a clue where to go. We just drove around until we got tired of looking and geared up. Probably not the ideal spot. No one we met new where a fill station was so we headed home after we emptied our tanks. (It was one of those spur of the moment "Let's go somewhere different" deals)

Lake Whitney down South is $5 at the LDS's cove or $2 if you go to the dam. OK that's not free, but it is pretty darn cheap. You need to hit it early in the year though, because the vis turns into pea soup during the summer.

If you're East and don't mind a drive check out Arkansas. I haven't made it out there yet, but lots of folks swear the lakes are crystal clear.

PK

[URL=http://www.lasr.net/pages/lake.php?Lake_ID=OK05lk001]Lake Murray

Tenkiller
Whitney
Brandy Branch
Lake Ouachita
AR

DeGray Lake AR
General Area Lakes etc

I think it is being changed to 8.oo a day .I will be diving there with a couple of freinds on jan 31 and feb 1 . we are camping out sat . All are welcome who want to come and dive,cookout and talk it up. Bring what ya drink , something for the grill and ya gear . Lets get wet!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For more info call 512 970 4305 ask for Damon

Inundated:
Scuba Park at Lake Whitney is now Dive Whitney. www.divewhitney.com

Does anyone still dive there if they can't avoid it? I have heard you dive Lake Whitney... once.

archman:
Does anyone still dive there if they can't avoid it? I have heard you dive Lake Whitney... once.

Don't be scared of the dark. Bring a big flash light! :54:

If you're going to Whitney. Dive the West side of the dam. There's a vertical wall from that point to the dam. Vis is always on the poor side and yes bring a light, but the price is right FREE.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom