Freedive (compatible) watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ex Nihilo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for these watches:

Suunto D4
Suunto D3
Prowler Immersion

I'd rather not pay retail so I'm looking to buy used first.

Are you set on Suunto? Can get Tusa, Oceanic. Just curious... don't mind helping if I can.

I just bought a D4...you may already know this...I didn't and was disappointed. The computer will not function in free dive mode for 24 hours after being used in Dive mode. Apparently, Suunto thinks free diving within 24hrs of scuba diving will "greatly" increase DCS risk.

Also, If you use it in free diving mode and the computer is submerged greater than 3ft for 10 minutes, the computer will not work in dive mode for 24 hours. I can't hold my breath for ten minutes...but it is kinda' weird.

What is the deal about freedive watches? Do they sample and update faster?

Personally I would probably just use a regular depth gauge if I was not always wearing my NiTek Plus anyway. I don't spend much time looking at gauges when free-diving.

Why do people want to look at gauges when free-diving? To know how deep and how long each dive is?

Why do people want to look at gauges when free-diving? To know how deep and how long each dive is?

Yup and yup to both. Two of the reasons. Helps w/ pace also along w/ other things.

Only Suunto, won't bother asking again.

Back
Top Bottom