Freshwater Jellyfish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Red Granite Quarry, in Wisconsin, has been known to have freshwater jellies. I have never seen them, but they have been described to me by my instructor as small and translucent.

I've always wanted to see them - it would be one of the more interesting things to see in the quarry besides your hand in front of your face :)

This year I have seen them at both Diveland Park in Glencoe, AL and at Rock Divers Quarry in Huntsville, AL. This was the first time I had seen them in Huntsville; but I have seen them several times before at Diveland.

Is this the same NC Quarry that's in Dive Training Magazine this month? They mention the FW Jellies,

Not sure, which quarry was in DTM this month? I saw them in Blue Stone Quarry

Wow, 25 years of fresh water diving & i've never seen anything like this. We don't dive in quarries much, is that where they are mainly found? Are they found in the great lakes & inland lakes?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom