Friend in Houston Looking to Re-Cert...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're still looking for a shop for the refresher, I'd suggest Houston Scuba Academy. It's on the south side off the beltway & hww 90 on Hillcroft. I'm sending my son there this summer. My wife used one of those "chain shops" and I wan't impressed. She was nervous rushed through and I ended up paying for the regular class AND a private class. But it was worth it now that I have my own Scuba Buddy.

Good luck.

If you're still looking for a shop for the refresher, I'd suggest Houston Scuba Academy.

Thanks, I'll let her know this is another option...she found out her cert was through PADI and is debating refresher vs. recert, since it has been so long.

I'll second RaginCajun's suggestion of Houston Scuba Academy. That's where I certified many years ago. It had been so long since my last dive, though, that I ended up recertifying PADI in another city. HSA is where I buy most of my gear and the people there are really friendly and casual, knowledgeable and do a great job making me feel welcome. They even have socials from what I understand. I'm planning on taking my nitrox class there in the next month or two.

I cannot find my C-Card either.... I've contacted PADI, NAUI, and SSI and no one has my records from the 1980s..... I guess I need to get re-certified and I'm seeking a fabulous dive shop recommendation where the training, equipment, and attitude is FIRST RATE.

Where should I go?

BTW: I live at 290 & 1960...

Thanks,

Robert

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom