FS: Diverite nitek duo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
selling my nitek duo dive computer. around 5 months old with around 40 dives on it. this is the most user friendly computer i have ever used, you can set the safety factor and does not lock out. in case you were wondering i am downgrading to a uwatec bottom timer. il throw in abrand new leather fossil punk watch with leather band and matrix style screensaver pm me

Spoon:
selling my nitek duo dive computer. around 5 months old with around 40 dives on it. this is the most user friendly computer i have ever used, you can set the safety factor and does not lock out. in case you were wondering i am downgrading to a uwatec bottom timer. il throw in abrand new leather fossil punk watch with leather band and matrix style screensaver pm me

You do realize that the NItek Duo has gauge mode????

PM sent

I hope you also do realize that uwatec bottom timers do not have replaceable batteries. You throw them away and buy a new one once the batteries are dead. Keep it bro and use the gauge mode.

Mike Veitch:
you lie!!!??? Really? Does this mean you will no longer dive with a computer?

Damn....

just training for tech 1 and until i get my vr3 next year:)

Twomixdiver:
You do realize that the NItek Duo has gauge mode????

yes i know bout gage mode but i wanted to get rid off one anyway. i have two nitek duos already

axua:
I hope you also do realize that uwatec bottom timers do not have replaceable batteries. You throw them away and buy a new one once the batteries are dead. Keep it bro and use the gauge mode.

yes i know, but my friend is giving me his uwatec. still has about 2-3 years life so its a pretty good deal:)

Spoon:
yes i know bout gage mode but i wanted to get rid off one anyway. i have two nitek duos already

QUOTE]

Well you might want to keep both of them as one will be a backup gauge for the other. A second backup timing/depth device is usually mandatory by all of the tech agencies I'm aware of.

There also might be as much as a two (2) foot difference in reading between the Uwatec and the Dive Rite instruments. So I think keeping both duos will be the smart thing to do.

And if you take Tech 1, you know very well what GUE thinks about computers in diving. GUE stresses the priority of skill over technology. The VR3 will be redundant in your scuba activites until the day you decide to get into CCR.

yup ! computers are just tools it's the person who uses them that makes the difference.

PLANNING !

puters are for seesees ....
hanged.gif

Back
Top Bottom