Ft Lauderdale- Diving on a budget

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Especially if it's a weekend.
My wife and I will probably drop in....if we can find a sitter for the little one.

The Ero (hundreds of 4 ft jacks put in to prevent beach erosion) Jacks off of Dania are an interesting dive and worth doing a second time.

The park calls them Eurojacks.

Activities for John U. Lloyd Beach State Park Florida State Parks

Scuba Diving
For those interested in the underwater beauty of South Florida, Lloyd Beach has one of the easiest and interesting shore dives in the area. You can follow the submerged Eurojacks to the first reef. This allows snorkelers and divers to see a vast array of sealife including tropical and sport fish, sharks and Florida lobster.

We've been through this before. The park website has a typo on it. It's a good bet that the site was created by someone hundreds of miles away who doesn't even know what the structure is, and it was never caught in proofreading. Those of us who have lived here for several decades remember that they were put out there to prevent erosion. They have nothing to do with Europe. I've even seen people spell it aerojack. Well, they are in the flight pattern for FLL, so that's a little more plausible. :wink:

We've been through this before. The park website has a typo on it. It's a good bet that the site was created by someone hundreds of miles away who doesn't even know what the structure is, and it was never caught in proofreading. Those of us who have lived here for several decades remember that they were put out there to prevent erosion. They have nothing to do with Europe. I've even seen people spell it aerojack. Well, they are in the flight pattern for FLL, so that's a little more plausible. :wink:

The way I see it, there is no definitive spelling either way, so to correct someone for writing "Eurojacks" when that is the way it is listed on the park's website is a little petty. Especially to do it like this:
The Ero (hundreds of 4 ft jacks put in to prevent beach erosion)

This is scuba forum, not a spelling and grammar forum. Just my 2 cents.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom