Ft. Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was out today with South Florida Diving Headquarters at Hillsboro Inlet. Water Temp 77 in Pompano Beach. Going tomorrow on Ancient Mariner. I was only Diver today all others were snorkeling and one intro to diving.

You can buy one on Leisurepro for $40, have them ship it to your hotel in FL, then keep the box and mail it back home before you leave. Probably won't cost much more than renting and you'll have a spare.

I wouldn't mind doing that, but I would be diving on Sunday and catching the charter flight to San Salvador before anything is open on Monday morning. Plus, the suit would still be wet I think?

Do you think a simple diveskin would be enough? I am generally warm and I am thinking I should be able to deal with it, but I dont want to freeze. People are swimming by that time of year arent they?

I think you will be fine. I went out of Pompano about 3-4 weeks ago and one of the guys with us used no wetsuit and was fine. The water should be even warmer by the time you get there. Would recommend the dive skin regardless of the temp.

The water temp has been about 77-79, so if you can tolerate this than fine. As for the locals this is way too cold. Best of luck and I'm sure you can pick up a rental at a nearby shop if need be.

Does anyone know where I could rent a wetsuit? I will probably be diving with American Dreams, but if I decided I wanted to rent one, is there a place close to them that I could get a suit?

Does anyone know where I could rent a wetsuit? I will probably be diving with American Dreams, but if I decided I wanted to rent one, is there a place close to them that I could get a suit?

Other dive shops very near to ADII would be Lauderdale Diver and Brownie's.

I am still new to diving, would they have a problem with me renting from them and using it at another dive shop?

I doubt it but a phone call to confirm never hurts. Since ADII isn't a dive shop (they only run charters), there's not really a conflict IMO. Tell them you're doing a shore dive if you have to. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom