Ft pickens night dive Oct. 22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great thing about night dives is the viz is very relative. As long as you can see where your light is shining....viz is 100%....notice I didn't say 100 feet.

Are you bringing out your can light ? I might drag mine out.....depends on the conditions.

Jason, like Jonathan said I don't have the night owl pass only a yearly pass. I plan on being out of there by 10 so we shouldn't need a code. Walter may be able to help you because I think he may have the night owl.

Neither of us have a night owl pass. From what the ranger told me on the phone unless you go into the park after 10:00 you don't need the pass. We will be out by 10:00 so were not much help. Maybe bribe the ranger on duty ? :d

Yes I am for sure bringing the can light. Makes night diving easier and a lot more fun!

Are you bringing out your can light ? I might drag mine out.....depends on the conditions.

I have the Dive Rite LUX LED. Not super bright but gets the job done and doesn't blow bulbs! I have stumbled on the golf cart a few times. I always just kind of roam around at Fort Pickens till I find stuff. Good thing about that dive is you know if you head South, you will find the beach again!

This should be fun. HID or LED ? Now If I could only find the golf cart........

I have the Dive Rite LUX LED. Not super bright but gets the job done and doesn't blow bulbs! I have stumbled on the golf cart a few times. I always just kind of roam around at Fort Pickens till I find stuff. Good thing about that dive is you know if you head South, you will find the beach again!

I have a salvo LED so we should have plenty of light between the two of us. :)
The way my luck goes with ft. Picken I won't dint the golf cart!

I'm in. Fits with my work schedule perfectly.

Have not yet done Pickens at night, but I should be able to put you on the golf cart. The last five or so times I've been there I've taken compass headings, rough distances & mental notes around the golf cart, jeep frame, the Junk pile, fishing pyramid, etc. Should be lots of fun to find it all at night!!

I'll have to see If I can get the girls to come, too. Kate & Tess have both been chomping at the bit for their first night dive.

Carl

Carl

Good deal Carl!
It might be a little chilly coming out of the water but the water should still be in the 80's.

I can't make it out to Ft. Pickens due to work obligations, but I will tell you guys how to fid the golf cart. Go to the east rock rubble "main rubble pile." On the bottom East side you will find the jeep frame (32-35 fsw). From there go up the rock pile to 25 fsw. Go East staying at 25 fsw. The direction is not as important as staying at 25 fsw. This will take you directly to the golf cart.

I can't make it out to Ft. Pickens due to work obligations, but I will tell you guys how to fid the golf cart. Go to the east rock rubble "main rubble pile." On the bottom East side you will find the jeep frame (32-35 fsw). From there go up the rock pile to 25 fsw. Go East staying at 25 fsw. The direction is not as important as staying at 25 fsw. This will take you directly to the golf cart.

Thanks Walter! Maybe with a little luck we can find it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom