Ft pickens night dive Oct. 22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

im going to try and make it out there, depends how work/school goes that day...its been awhile since ive dived there but i use to be able to find everything rather easily... will see how it goes this time. what is there for shore lighting out there, for a marker, and light on the flag? dunno if anyone has this, was just a safety thing

im going to try and make it out there, depends how work/school goes that day...its been awhile since ive dived there but i use to be able to find everything rather easily... will see how it goes this time. what is there for shore lighting out there, for a marker, and light on the flag? dunno if anyone has this, was just a safety thing

I'm not sure about shore lighting but I have an inter tube type flag/float and some extra lights so we should be able to rig something up.

Thanks everyone I had a great time Hope to dive withh all of you again soon!!

Thanks everyone I had a great time Hope to dive withh all of you again soon!!

It was nice meeting you! I had a great time, too bad all that snot was in the water otherwise it would have been an awesome dive.

I will write one later tonight. Unless some else beats me to it.

Vis would have been about 20ft but the snot was what limited it to about 10 ft. The current wasn't too bad. More to come later got to go dive!

I got in too big of a hurry and walked out of the house without my camera. Conditions were not very good for underwater shots. You would have had to be right on top of fish to get a good shot. I will add to whatever Jonathan writes later. We had two good dives!

Here are a few untouched shots taken from my iPhone.

FtPickens1.jpg

FtPickens2.jpg

FtPickens3.jpg

We arrived a little after 6pm to start gearing up with the quickly setting sun. Glen, Carl, Tess, Greg and myself talked about the game plan which was to find the "gulf" cart. This would be the first night dive for Tess. We dropped down and found our way to the rocks then Carl tied the flag off. We roamed around for a while then Carl started running a line and landed on the cart. Soon after Tess thumbed the dive so her and Carl headed up while we retreived the flag and the line.
Dive one lasted 30 something mins and a max depth of.........you guessed it 45ft. !
Dive two Tess decided to sit out
The four of us splashed agian after about a 45 min SI.
The snot was thick and vis started to go down a little during the second dive. There was some kind of ray swimming around like a chicken withs it's head cut off. After watching that for a while we played around then turned the dive. This dive lasted about 35mins with a 40ft max depth.
A decent set of dives for ft. Pickens and my first night dive at ft. Pickens

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom