Fuji S2-Pro Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parabolic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I just bought a Kingston 4GB compact flash card. It doesn't seem to work in the Fuji S2-Pro. I tried it in two different S2 bodies and both give me a "Card Error" message when I try to format it. It works fine, however, in a Nikon D70. Anybody else have this problem? Is there something I should be doing to get it to work in the S2-Pro?? Thanks in advance for any help.

You might look on the Fuji site to see if there was a firmware upgrade for the camera.

Not sure though, try posting on Wetpixel.com There are a few S2 users over there

Others might have more details but I think 2 GB is the max for the S2

Thanks for the help. I will check the Fuji site. onbelaydave might be right, a 2GB card works fine in the S2.

onbelaydave: I looked at your gallery, you have some VERY nice California photos!! Beautiful!! Where do you dive out here?? (I notice you are from Colorado).

I just checked my media compatibility chart (I have a Fuji S1) and 1Mb is the largest card that Fuji says will work with either the S1 or the S2.

Well that's odd. I've been using a 2MB card in the S2 for months now with no problems. But thanks for the info, I wish I had researched this before I bought the 4MB card :)

parabolic:
Well that's odd. I've been using a 2MB card in the S2 for months now with no problems. But thanks for the info, I wish I had researched this before I bought the 4MB card :)

I've never checked or heard of , but there might be a firmware upgrade to FAT32 that would allow 2GB+ cards.

Thanks for the comments on my Cali photo's. Those were last years and I haven't even uploaded this years which are 1000 times better. The images in my gallery that you saw are from a 3 day liveaboard Truth Aquatics trip to the N Channel Islands, mostly from San Miguel, probably the best diving I've ever seen, better than Cozumel,Bonaire,Roatan, etc., any place warm. I'm hooked on the awesome amount of life on the Cali coast and I'm thinking of doing a BC trip soon to even colder waters.

parabolic:

I've never checked or heard of , but there might be a firmware upgrade to FAT32 that would allow 2GB+ cards.

Thanks for the comments on my Cali photo's. Those were last years and I haven't even uploaded this years which are 1000 times better. The images in my gallery that you saw are from a 3 day liveaboard Truth Aquatics trip to the N Channel Islands, mostly from San Miguel, probably the best diving I've ever seen, better than Cozumel,Bonaire,Roatan, etc., any place warm. I'm hooked on the awesome amount of life on the Cali coast and I'm thinking of doing a BC trip soon to even colder waters.

onbelaydave

I've been diving in California for the last 30 years and have never tired of it. Compares with anything in the world. Looking up at the canopy in the kelp on a bright sunny day is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen, in air or underwater. San Miguel is a magical place, the boats make it out there about once in every five tries because of weather. But when you make it, it is truly some of the best diving anywhere. Regards, Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom