Full Face Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubakevdm:
They do have an excellent promotional video though.

Yep. They have a beautiful, shiny, sexy video. Too bad the mask is a piece of junk. The reg isn't high performance. The overall design is poor and they keep trying to fix it with upgrades. Bandaids for a bad product, still it's a bad product. Can't make a salad out of crap no matter how much dressing you put on it.

As to the answer to your interspiro/Posiden buyout. I was asking not telling. As the Navy uses the AGA I understand that Interspiro wasn't making anymore spares and I had thought posiden was picking up the deal. I know that Interspiro has ceased its AGA production. Anyone know the skinny?

I know that Interspiro has ceased its AGA production. Anyone know the skinny?
The AGA's US distributor, OTS would be the folks to ask about that kind of scuttlebutt.
I seariously doubt that the AGA would be going out of production. The AGA/Interspiro mask is very widely used throught the world for both diving and as SCBA, with almost all of the parts being interchangeable.
I wouldn't mind seeing the USN switching to the Poseidon Atmosphere though. wink

Another AGA in the Arctic Photo

BTW. From all the diving I have done with the Navy I can tell you there doesent seem to be a standard for much of anything. I have seen them use AGA's, EXO's, KMB's, amongst others. And as for suits...

Kevin

DFC5343:
As to the answer to your interspiro/Posiden buyout. I was asking not telling. As the Navy uses the AGA I understand that Interspiro wasn't making anymore spares and I had thought posiden was picking up the deal. I know that Interspiro has ceased its AGA production. Anyone know the skinny?

Sorry for my confusion, it looked like a statement to me. Nope, Interspiro is still alive and kicking. There may be some news announced in the future about the company, but nothing that will impact the production of the Divator MKII (USN MK20). Poseidon has done a great job of spreading alot of misinformation about the AGA mask. Most commonly about the molds getting old and breaking down. Simply not true. Where did you hear that Interspiro has ceased production of the AGA? In addition, the Atmosphere has not been submitted to EDU for evaluation as a light FFM to the best of my knowledge.

another point not brought up yet is the neptune 2 is rated to a depth of someware around 170 fsw, im not sure what kind of diving your planning on doing but that could be a consideration, the neptune was aslo developed by the military in regard to chemical warfare so the mask fits somthing like 90% of the population,

the scuba pro ffm depends alot on the performance of fist and second stage that you have, i would recommend the mk25 s600 of course,

also if anyone knows or has experience with the neptune 2 as far as depth rating goes I would like to hear about it, I have noticed what seems like heavy breathing resistance and if any one has any tips on tuning it or placement of the mask i would like to hear about it.

Just thought I would mention. Have you tried those custom mouth pieces that you fit to your own teeth and jaws. I have TMJ but not very bad and the custom mouth piece works great. Just the pressure from your cheeks and the fit to your teeth keeps it in your mouth instead of having to bite down all the time.

$30 is a lot cheaper than a $500 full mask. good luck.

Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom