Full suit in Warm Waters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yep, knives have not been an issue anyplace I've dove in Caymans

Fish_Whisperer:
I've heard that there's a rule about no gloves or knives, but I've always had mine and no one has ever said anything about it. I too, wear a full suit when I dive. I used a 1mm in Cozumel, last week. No problems. The water is 81F right now, so on a long dive, you can get chilled.
brrrrrr...I use a 5/3 for that kind of water. LOL

In the summer I usually use a tropical suit or no suit....but I always wear gloves. However it isnt a bad idea to have a full suit due to jelly fish or if you are doing multiple dives in the day.

IF you are diving any wrecks I would strongly recommend a wetsuit, as I have been on the duanne before and had the temp at the bottom be more than 10 degrees different than what it was at the top.

Everytime I have been diving in Cozumel/Cancun, I have never been able to wear gloves. I was told that people who wear gloves are more likely to touch the coral. As far as knives go, only small BC knives were allowed. No Rambo knives. :-(

Hell, I just got back from a week on the Cayman Aggressor where I did every dive DRY!

:)

I wore my 3/2 in the keys last year and was a little warm, I wore my diveskin and was a little cool. Maybe I should get on of those 1mm suits next time i go.

AL

3 Millimeter full suit, unless it gets really hot. :)

squidster:
Me and my buddy are going to keys in fall,should we wear a shorty or thin full suit?
A full 3mm should be fine in the Keys. You're probably not looking at 80s, rather temps in the 70s. I've done a shorty, a Microprene and a 3mm in November, and prefer the 3mm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom