Funniest Diving quotes you have heard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have all heard this when diving on a smaller boat.

Diver 1: "Where is the head?"
Captain: "Off the stern, ladies to the left, men to the right."

a couple glasses of wine,,this has been some interesting reading,,,I cant wait til i get out and say something stupid.(if i havnt already)...

Also i knew an Pro diver DM also who took a full breath from his snorkel under water thinking it was the regulator...

Don't knock descending on your snorkel. It actually works! Saves backgas!

Well, for the first half-foot anyway... :D

(Spoken from experience... on multiple occasions, embarrassed to say. What can I say? It was a great snorkel and the mouthpiece felt just like my reg! Fixed it by carrying a portable snorkel folded up in my BC, so no temptations now... although I still do miss that snorkel sometimes.)

Overheard in LDS, while browsing for gear.

Man : I want a dive knife.
Salesgirl: What type of dive knife do you need?
Man : I want a big dive knife.
Salesgirl: Now, why will you need a Big dive knife for?
Man : Dun you think it will make me look more macho?

At this moment, I cant help but turn around n look at the bewildered look on the salesgirl.

Wonder wat gave him tt idea?

Some of these are pretty good!!! Made for a very entertaining couple of hours.

I was showing some pix of sand tigers to my non-diving co-workers and was asked "Are those trained sharks?" After laughing I had to tell him no, then he asked "Why don't they eat you?"

sitting in DM class and discussing physics, including gas expansion behavior from depth etc. someone remembers a Bermuda Triangle special on the Discovery Channel about how undersea vents releasing steam may be the cause of ships sinking mysteriously. So my buddy Sam says I wonder how deep I'd have to be, and how many beans I have to eat the night before, to rip a fart big enough to rise, expand and cause the dive boat to sink.

my coworkers asked why i sounded excited after i got off the phone with a LDS. i told them because i was told you could see the canoe from the toilet. what they didn't know is that i was talking about the submerged dive platforms at a local lake. one of the platforms has a toilet tied to the top of it and there is a submerged canoe about 30 feet away, so visibility is at least 30 feet which is pretty good for local minneapolis lakes. i can't figure out why my coworkers think i'm strange.

My coworkers feel the same way about me....they think I'm absolutely insane! Especially when I start talking about cave diving. I swear, they are going to send me to the looney bin any day now :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom