funniest thing seen diving????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GlockDiver once bubbled...
But I've got to say one of the funniest things I've seen relating to diving is: Online Dive Training

The part I like is: "Dive instructors and shops are freed from the repetitive, tedious and time-consuming classroom sessions, allowing them to focus on the crucial in-water skills."
Like, what the hell are they talking about in the classroom?

Diving in Tobermory a couple weeks ago with a group of 8 other divers. At the end of the second days diving, I watched one of the other divers start to doff his suit. He wears a Viking HD, heavy rubberized suit and tends to put it on in the morning and not take it off all day, as it has a "relief zipper". So at the end of the second days diving, he was standing there eating a cookie and decided to doff the suit. Grasped the neck seal and pulled it up over his head....without bothering to unzip the shoulder zipper on the suit! Kind of thrashed around for a minute and then his head 'popped' back out and he, absolutely unflustered, asked it I would "pull his zipper".

I was laughing outloud....

Last November in at Gilboa, I was watching a couple of our instructors (no students involved) in a hurry to get into the water.

One left his FRONT ZIP drysuit unzipped partially. The other had a bad leak in his drysuit. Needless to say, they both had very cold dives and chose not to go back for a second dive that day.

I'm on this boat charter, we're back at the docks having a discussion, filling tanks, and when we get back on the boat to gear up, POOF!, my octopus hose which had a yellow sleeve wrap is now pink.

On another dive I come back to my gear after a quick trip to the can, and my gear's got pink tie wraps on it.

And yet on another dive my bright yellow octopus keeper has cahnged to PINK!.

Can't figure it out. Mmmm there are these two diving friends I have, who seem to be around when this occurs. Funny though, when I'm taking with one of them the other is no where in sight.

Strange, you'd think buddies would be together? LOL

Mike D

Next I did not experience myself :D but I got it from a buddy who did experienced it.

He and his buddy were diving in the Mediterian when he encountered a giant white blob. They thought it was a new kind of living organism or so... At closer investigation they were diving near a sewar. The white blob appeared to be a tampon filled and swollen with water (u know, the OB, Tampax stuff)....

Next story however I did experience myself :(

I was diving in the Netherlands (as I am used to be) when I found a small collored ball. I took it and put it in my stabjack. Back on land I wondered if there were problems with the sewage or so, because smell was not what it used to be. When I opened my stabjacked I really did not get amused :puke:. The ball appeared to be an egg. Later on I was told the eggs where put there during easter a year earlier by a diving association. It took me lots of soap, lots of rinsing and a couple of month diving to get the stench out of my stabjacket.

A former buddy and I were diving in low vis at Coral St beach in Monterey, when the water suddenly turned very *cloudy*. Next thing, little nuggets of poop are sinking down around us. We look up, and to our horror, see the outline of a boat above us. Needless to say, we finned the heck out of there, and after swimming into the clear, surfaced to give the people on the boat some kind words about using the marine head in a dive site.

Turns out there was no boat, just a large raft of kelp, and a surprised looking sea lion.

We had been shat on by a sea lion :rolleyes:

You realize that thread was from 2003, right?

2003? That's ok.

We were diving last summer in Portage Quarry(Ohio). Had heavy wetsuits. Sunny day.

We were in the shallow area around 15 feet. Water was probably in the upper 60s.

Out of nowhere a young woman in a bikini swims by snorkelling at about 10' down.. Quite surreal.

She was quite stunning.

Went diving in the Great lakes and on our third dive I notice my buddy keeps arching his back suddenly almost like he was trying to keep his back away from his BC and tank. It kept looking weird. At the end of the dive he tells me what happened. He wears a 2 piece undergarment under his dry suit. The top and pants came separated so he had nothing but the drysuit on his back. The cold kept touching his lower back and he kept trying to keep it away. It was comical to see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom