Fusion impressions - 20 dives later

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jridg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I purchased my fusion in San Diego last September after reading reviews of the suit online. The reviews claimed it was the greatest thing since (insert typical trite thing here). I HAD to get one and my local dive shop was getting some in two days later. I ended up buying from the LDS (I could have saved a few hundred by going online but chose to go the route I did due to customer loyalty and service experience).

My initial impressions matched perfectly with all the reviews I had read. Extremely comfortable, easy to don and doff, VERY easy to pack up and quick to dry.

When I first got the suit I trimmed the seals to what were appropriate sizes in my experience. What I didn't know is that the tapered neck seal that ships on this suit has a much smaller sealing surface than previous latex type seals and after two dives, I was getting wet down the front with every dive. I worked through it with superb support from the whites reps right here on Scubaboard - eventually sent the suit back to Whites and had the neckseal replaced by the factory with a typical seal, not the tapered one. Great communication and advice from the service reps during that entire process. I have had the suit back for 7 dives and it's been perfect! It's very nice to have my drysuit actually be dry :wink:

So - after 20 dives - I totally love this suit - it replaced my 3mm insta-dry, my 5mm fullsuit and my old drysuit. It's very easy to care for - when I get sweat or water inside the suit after diving (the water from cleaning now :wink: ) - I simply turn it inside out - try that with my old HEAVY trilam! and it dries fast!

I will dive this suit until the water temp hits near 80 and then move to my 0.5mm microprene - no need for anything else!

Whites has really come up with something special with this suit.

Well done! :clapping:

Great to hear! It truely is as good as people say!! The service with Whites is top notch and they hit one out of the park with this suit! Did you get the tech skin...I hear thee might be a limited edition tech skin coming soon.......:shhhh: I didnt say that

I did get the tech skin - I love it - instead of having pockets put on it I am using a Dive Rite pocket that attaches to my transpac and straps to my leg - one thing I forgot to mention is air bubble management with this suit - it's no management - it's like diving a wetsuit! I can hang upside down without my feet blowing up - I can turn any which way and the air bubble I had to deal with in my previous drysuit is barely noticeable at all - it's a superior experience in every way.

I saw the photos of the 'new' tech skins - pretty neat - just need to have an excuse to get one.....(putting my knife away until they make these available :wink: )

I did get the tech skin - I love it - instead of having pockets put on it I am using a Dive Rite pocket that attaches to my transpac and straps to my leg - one thing I forgot to mention is air bubble management with this suit - it's no management - it's like diving a wetsuit! I can hang upside down without my feet blowing up - I can turn any which way and the air bubble I had to deal with in my previous drysuit is barely noticeable at all - it's a superior experience in every way.

I saw the photos of the 'new' tech skins - pretty neat - just need to have an excuse to get one.....(putting my knife away until they make these available :wink: )

Where did you see pics?? I dont think your thinking of the same thing :wink:

Where did you see pics?? I dont think your thinking of the same thing :wink:

Ha Ha don't worry Mike, he is probably refereing to the colored Tech skins that are going to avaliable in the next few months. I have heard similair rumours about a new Limited Edition Tech skin......I should check into this :wink:

Anyways, I'm glad that the new seal has solved your issues and that you are enjoying the Fusion! Be sure to post a "After 100 dives" review!

Cheers,

The Whites Team

Ha Ha don't worry Mike, he is probably refereing to the colored Tech skins that are going to avaliable in the next few months. I have heard similair rumours about a new Limited Edition Tech skin......I should check into this :wink:

Anyways, I'm glad that the new seal has solved your issues and that you are enjoying the Fusion! Be sure to post a "After 100 dives" review!

Cheers,

The Whites Team

I have quite a few people waiting for that Ruby Red skin....:cool2:

I was referring to the colored skins - hrmmmmm - limited edition? sounds intriguing :D

I will most definitely post a "after 100 dives review" hopefully later this year - it would be great to do 100 dives this year......

Renegade - when/where are you guys going to be in Tampa - I heard early April......

Cheers,

The Whites Team

Ohhh might have to wait for those. I've been looking at dry suits and the fusion is at the top of my list...

LOL....Its worth waiting for....I dont want to give too much away without permission by Whites....but it will cost more You cant go wrong with a Fusion though. Best suit I have ever put on. Most comfortable, easy to get on, extremely easy to dive, and priced right!

I was referring to the colored skins - hrmmmmm - limited edition? sounds intriguing :D

I will most definitely post a "after 100 dives review" hopefully later this year - it would be great to do 100 dives this year......

Renegade - when/where are you guys going to be in Tampa - I heard early April......

Hey,
True story I'll be at Calypso Divers in Tampa on April 3rd and 4th to demo with them, along with the " Mobie Dive Unit " Feel free to join us on the Saturday April 4th.
Spread the word!

Cheers,
-Eric-

"There are only two ways to dive, naked or dry" :devil:

Back
Top Bottom