G250 Vintage ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CMAN

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I heard that Scubapro is testing a new version of the G250 that has some metal parts and is going to be called the G250 Vintage. Does anybody have any info about it?

I have talked with a SP rep. at the show yesterday. It is coming out about two month later. It has a metal part inside like an old one, but the plastic case..

I have visited the diving display called duikvaker in Holland. It was on display there. My recollection is that it has a first stage derived from the MK17 with a turret added like the MK25 has. So your hoses swivel. This first stage is now called MK19. The second stage has a small metal Scubapro symbol embossed in the front cover. Holes in the cover show a blue membrane. Visually attractive, at least to me. Look at it as a membrane 1st stage with turret and old style (little bigger) second with a metal breathing resistance control knob. See apeks DST with atx50 or something.

Sp. MK19 is replacing MK25 in EU?

I was told that new MK25 wouldn't come out anytime soon at the show.

MK25 is still hot in the market though....:confused:

Wow, I didn't realize SP made any new regulators after the Mk10/G250's! That's all I use.

Dr. Bill why do you choose to still use the Mk10?

I understand why with the G250!!!

deepblueme:

Because it works. Why not use it? The MK10 is still a good regulator and there are tons of them still in use today.

deepblueme:

What advantage does a Mk20/25 offer over a Mk10 or even a Mk5? I put my Mk20/G500 away in favor of Mk5/10 with metal 2nds.

We're still using MK10s too, 17 years old. Just haven't found a reason to switch.

Back
Top Bottom