G250? Worth servicing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This one is a lot cheaper at $120 but not new, condition "looks" nice but I've been stung by photos before...

IMG_1960.JPG

The "blue thing" is a purge button depressor that is used to prevent the seat taking a set during storage. N

Thanks James, was wondering if it was something like that just have never seen before. Now, can I justify the ridiculous price, I'm struggling to do so...$400 might get it in my hands.

No body would want to buy Vincent van Gogh's painting when he was alive!
Now only a handful of people can afford to buy all those "rejects"!! Are we strange or stupid?

Everything labels as antique or vintage usually fetch higher prices!!!!

Thanks James, was wondering if it was something like that just have never seen before. Now, can I justify the ridiculous price, I'm struggling to do so...$400 might get it in my hands.
Buy it and admire it but don't use it! Keep it in a dry box.
Resell it in 20yrs time.

Buy it and admire it but don't use it! Keep it in a dry box.
Resell it in 20yrs time.

Not sure I'll be here in 20 years time but at least my son can perhaps sell it on for a huge profit to fund his college tutition...

DIYer who are not saving $$$ are doing something wrong.

2-MK5s , 2-MK8s, 2-MK20s, 2-G250s, 5-109s, 1-D400 and that's just the SP. If I didn't DIY it would most likely own only one set of regulators. I may not be a typical DIYer but I can't say it saves me money.

At $25 (or more) per stage for shop labor + parts, DIY has not purely been about saving money. Outlay for tools, books, and appurtenances likely has not really reduced the cash flow outwardly, however, knowing that my equipment has been properly serviced has a value that is hard to put a cost to.

It's interesting what I find in "shop serviced" regs that I pick up second hand...

@buddhasummer : A MK-5 or MK-10 (both are balanced pistons) would pair wonderfully with those G250's. They are very simple to service, and aftermarket parts are available so the reliance on ScubaPro is gone. The MK-2 (non-balanced) is a wonderful little workhorse and about as simple as it gets for service.

That MK-25 has left a bad taste in your mouth, but don't give up on ScubaPro regs...

Thanks Bob, yes, a bad taste. I'll have a go with a MK5/10 or 15. I do currently have a MK10 and a MK15, initially had no intention of doing anything with them but will reconsider. I've just bought a 109 with an early MK5 attached, seems its fated. Of the three which would be the easiest to service, ease of parts and best breathing reg to start on first?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom