Galapagos Aggressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

toddlich

Reaction score
Has anyone been on either Galapagos Aggressor in the last 6 months? I would like to know what you thought of the crew,the boat, and the food. Did you encounter any problems on board?

My wife and I are planning a trip to the Galapagos this summer and we are trying to get as much information as possible.

Try doing a search, there are several trip reports on the Aggressor.

My wife and I went last June on the Aggressor and it was one of the best experiences we have had. The ship was great, the food was great and the crew was the best! Remember that the crew mostly work for tips, so tip well.

We did an “express” run to Wolf and Darwin where we spent most of the time looking for “Senor Gigante” (Whale Shark). Alas, we didn’t see any, which is very rare not to see.

The diving was exciting but a little cold at times so be prepared.

I would dive with them again in a heartbeat.

Anxious to follow this thread as my wife and I, along with 12 of my friends will be aboard Galapagos aggressor 2 Jul - 12 Jul.

10th anniversary trip

unfortunately it's been 2 years but i still rave about it. it's been the best diving i have done and i've seen quite a few places near and far. try to pick a cabin away from the engines. we had some problems with fumes. crew, food, and boat were great. hurry, with all the long line poaching it may not last.

Great boat (great food, great crew, great cabins, great hot tub, great entertainment center, did I forget anything??)!!
I was just a little disappointed with one of the dive-masters (it was pretty much her last week onboard), who didn't talk much and didn't show us much either.
But the diving in Galapagos is WOW :wacko:
You will have a blast. I'm jealous :D

Check-out my trip report http://www.scubadiving.com/members/tripreports.php?s=1824

jgiddings once bubbled...

The diving was exciting but a little cold at times so be prepared.

Whatya mean "a little cold"? I thought being on the equator, the Galapagos would be fairly warm...
=Terry

I'm heading there in September spending all out time at Wolf and Darwin to seek out the Whalesharks specifically chose Spetember even though sea condition will be rough its the absolute best time to see Whalesharks same time last year they saw 18 on one trip.

Also for Terrydarc the water is expected to be 68-74 so I ordered a dry suit just for the trip HELL I wear a 6mm full suit here in belize in 80+ water so it could be reaaaal cold for me in the Galapagos

Can't wait I have heard great things

Gaz

Gaz,
Thanks! That's definitely nippy. Wonder why it's so cold? Real deep water around or no continental shelf to help warm it or what? I'm planning on a trip to the Galapgos maybe next year and am now advised to go for 6mm minimum. I do vaguely remember seeing some sort of penguins on the Galapagos on some nature special...

Whale sharks in Sept, eh? Maybe I'll set my calendar for then. What's the window on seeing them? We had a blast on Utila last month (where Feb-April is peak) and I got some decent pix of them but they are (for me) a real challenge to get framed properly.
=Terry

The unique diversity of above and below water animal life in the Galapagos is the result of the many currents that converge on the islands. In particular the Humboldt current from the south brings the cool water in August. Here is a site that explains it all with water temps to expect.
currents

Best diving I have ever done. Very strong currents in the vertical direction but unsurpassed wildlife make it truly a diver's paradise.

terry,
i would advise a 7mm plus hood. with all the repetitive diving it can get nippy. we had one thermocline that took us to 55 degrees fahrenheit. in general the water temp was in the mid to high 60s. this was december when the water temperature peaks.
whale sharks are around from about june to late november.

Back
Top Bottom