Galileo Luna Firmware Upgrade Failure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

V1.2 is not possible in a Luna, IMG_3644.jpgPlease see the enclosed picture. The message you've been given suggests that the file has not been unzipped. Make sure you right-click the zipped folder and select, "Extract All" . The purpose of v1.6 is to prepare a Luna for upgrading to the PMG or the heart rate monitor. V1.7 is used to remove the Tri-Mix algorithm from either a Galileo Sol or a PMG enabled Luna.

Thanks Jules. I thought the HW version referred to firmware. I'm at 1.2 and 2.0, so I'm good. Thanks again for the clarification.

if my Galileo Luna reads HW 1.4 , SW 2.0 does it mean that no upgrade is necessary ?

Now everybody can update Galileo to FW version 2.1 with …… the latest features developed by SCUBAPRO. What features??????????? My SOL reads HW version 1.4 and SW version 2.0. You cannot update it with the TMX FW...!!!! WHEN????? In the end, I am gone sell it and buy a Shearwater Perdix ………….:mad:

Last edited:
I have just updated my Luna and Terra okay but it seems to make no difference and I was at least hoping the Terra would permit PO2MAX of 1.6 like the Luna does.

A "Readme" with the file or some information about the update on the Scubapro website would also be useful to someone who has never tried to update this model.

Note: battery level needs to be high and check the device date and time is correct after the update.

Also if your unit is pretty new check http://www.scubapro.com/en-US/USA/galileo-sol-luna-recall.aspx

Hi,

Just a couple of questions regarding the firmware upgrade. I'm owning a Luna currently running v1.6
- what is Scubapro's suggested update policy?
- should I update to 1.7? What is the benefit over 1.6?
- what's the benefit of 2.1 to 1.7 if I don't need Trimix?
- will all personalized settings stay during/after update?
- how can I update with a Mac and no Windows?

Sorry for my questions but I couldn't find these covered somewhere. Also a How-to section in the User manual would be great.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Best regards,

Just a quick question.....this board is being watched/answered by Scubapro, right? Is there any other way to get an answer?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom