Galileo Luna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey,

I was in my LDS yesterday and they have the Luna on display where the Terra used to be so they are definitely available in Australia.

Ironically though, on the Oceania Uwatec Web site there is no mention of the Luna and they still have the Terra proudly displayed. I guess, the web updates may take a while to dribble down hill to the southern hemisphere:confused:

Anyway, regardless what anyone states, I love my Terra. Being that I have all of my dive logged in the Smarttrack software, it would be a pain in the butt to move to a different platform. That and the compass are probably the big reasons for going with the Luna when my Terra packs it in.

Cheers

Rainsey

Hey,

I was in my LDS yesterday and they have the Luna on display where the Terra used to be so they are definitely available in Australia.

Ironically though, on the Oceania Uwatec Web site there is no mention of the Luna and they still have the Terra proudly displayed. I guess, the web updates may take a while to dribble down hill to the southern hemisphere:confused:

Anyway, regardless what anyone states, I love my Terra. Being that I have all of my dive logged in the Smarttrack software, it would be a pain in the butt to move to a different platform. That and the compass are probably the big reasons for going with the Luna when my Terra packs it in.

Cheers

Rainsey

The Luna uses Smarttrak software just the same as the Terra, so if you do upgrade to the Luna, you shouldn't have any problems moving between the two, you aren't going to have to move to 'a different platform', they are both Galileo.

And I am not sure why you said that the compass is a big reason for going with the Luna when your Terra dies – the Terra has already got the same compass as the Luna.

The only real difference between the two is that the Luna can use a transmitter, whereas the Terra cannot. The other two options available to the Luna are the same ones available to the Terra – heart-rate monitor and three-gas capability.

Mark

The Luna uses Smarttrak software just the same as the Terra, so if you do upgrade to the Luna, you shouldn't have any problems moving between the two, you aren't going to have to move to 'a different platform', they are both Galileo.

And I am not sure why you said that the compass is a big reason for going with the Luna when your Terra dies – the Terra has already got the same compass as the Luna.

The only real difference between the two is that the Luna can use a transmitter, whereas the Terra cannot. The other two options available to the Luna are the same ones available to the Terra – heart-rate monitor and three-gas capability.

Mark

Mark,

Sorry mate, probably did not explain my self properly. I know the Luna and the Terra use the same software and the compass is identical. What I was getting at was that when or if my Terra dies on me, being that it is now obsolute, I will probably replace it with the Luna citing that the software and the compass are the big reasons for staying with the Galilaeo platform.

Cheers

Rainsey

Mark,

Sorry mate, probably did not explain my self properly. I know the Luna and the Terra use the same software and the compass is identical. What I was getting at was that when or if my Terra dies on me, being that it is now obsolute, I will probably replace it with the Luna citing that the software and the compass are the big reasons for staying with the Galilaeo platform.

Cheers

Rainsey

My fault, got the wrong end of the stick. Thought you were meaning it would be a pain to move over to the Luna from the Terra. Enjoy the Galileo, I love my Sol.

Mark

Just got my luna today! I want to test it out this weekend , but the ocean is not cooperating. I guess you can't get it in the states, but dive inn scuba store sells it from spain by way of dhl worldwide delivery. Got mine in 4 days, everything nicely wrapped not even a scrath on the box. I will intensely be going over the instructions for the next few days. My last computer was a vytec ds, it does'nt read the right depth anymore. I have read on this site about auqua lung saying " sorry guy" when their computers die. I am hoping scuba pro/ uwatec are better backers of their products.

Yes Scuba pro is very good at fixing their computers, I just had one sent off and they ended up giving me a brand new computer in its place! now I have a new smart com as well as a new Sol that I got a great deal on!

Back
Top Bottom