Galileo Sol Where to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There not Air Integrated, they also do not have a compass

AI is ok but unnecessary and as you gain more experience a tool you wont rely on a great deal. As for a compass, the X1 does have a compass. What the Predator and X1 offer is an easily understood and defined algorithm where the diver can through education determine the dive plan.

I was told the Luna will not be able to be used for Tri-Mix. Only the Galileo will.

Paying $400.00 more then the cheapest online retailer does not sound like a good deal to me. And The site below is an Authorized Retailer. I have purchased Reg's from them and got them serviced with no problems.

Uwatec Galileo Luna with Transmitter. Instruments Computers, Scubastore.com, buy, offers, scuba-diving

For the Price you Paid you could have gotten the Galileo Sol
Galileo Sol

That is not a US dealer, and any warranty work or issues will have to go through ScubaPro Europe. ScubaPro does not allow any US internet sales. So, if you feel comfortable shipping your computer over there if you have any problems then you will save. I personally feel more comfortable dealing with my local shop. You will not be able to get it serviced in the USA. If you doubt this just give ScubaPro a call. And yes, you will be able to download the tri-mix option on the Luna but you will have to purchase the download and the download will be free for the Sol owners.

intersting thanks

I purchased mine from Scuba Tiger Jacksonville FL. But any Scubapro Dealer sells them. Any ScubaPro product purchased on the Internet doesn't have a manufacturer warranty. I know that second hand warranties from Leisure exist.

I was told the Luna will not be able to be used for Tri-Mix. Only the Galileo will.

Paying $400.00 more then the cheapest online retailer does not sound like a good deal to me. And The site below is an Authorized Retailer. I have purchased Reg's from them and got them serviced with no problems.

http://www.scubastore.com/scuba-diving/uwatec-galileo-luna-with-transmitter/6000/p

For the Price you Paid you could have gotten the Galileo Sol
Galileo Sol

I was told the download would be free for Sol owners but cost for Luna owners. :idk:

If cost savings is paramount I would suggest purchasing second hand from someone who can be trusted (locally most probaly) to present the unit to SP if warranty work is needed. Seems the best of all worlds IMO...

With all respect, I disagree with Katamuki about the benefits of AI. I am a photographer, and it is really handy when you are holding a large camera rig. Just a quick glance to the wrist.

I also really liked it this past Fall when we were removing some derelict fish nets and gear.

Not a necessity, but a very helpful tool.

Cheers,

Dan

still havent found a great deal online =0(

The air intergration on the Galileo is not just an easier way to check your air levels. It also incorperates the readings into the remaining bottom time and helps calculate your actual bottom times and assent times whilst still leaving your own pre-determined safety margins.

OK i know i can buy at scuba.com or lesiurepro
but Im looking for a great deal

do any of you guys have hook ups or know people that are selling theres?

you guys would helping me out alot
(For my first Dive Computer)

SSgt PALEY
U.S.A.F
Security Forces

Give me a call or email I have one for sale.

Tony Flaris
904-210-4550
tflaris@me.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom