Gauge reads high

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get a gauge like Soggy is selling - big heavy brass thing that doubles as a weapon. No boot and it will last forever, or until the sun goes into supernova. $60 is a good price.
So Scubapro closed their office in Hawaii? Too bad - they were most excellent about taking care of independents and small dive ops out there.

catherine96821:
great, I think I will. see Tom, what going on and on about your problems gets you? People help you just to shut you up.

Catherine,

Bourbon tube pressure gauges are usually made of brass, and there are two reasons, usual reasons for a gauge reading high-

1. It has been over pressured and essentually "bent" to where it reads high. Need to know the max pressure of gauge and how high it is been exposed to.

2. Over time, from constant straightening, the metal is loosing it's flexability. This is a bad one, because it is headed on the way to sudden failure.

There are several other options, like the case was moved to align the zero point, and somehow it got twisted, or the gear has a problem (it skipped teeth).

If this gauge has been in use a long time, then option two is likely, and it should be replace.

Have not looked in a while, but if you just want a single gauge, I may be able to get a very high accuracy, all stainless gauge fairly cheap. It would outlast several generations of people.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom