GBR in Jan'06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
A friend and I are going to Australia at the end of Jan '06 to dive the Reef. I'm only able to stay for two weeks flying in and out of Syndey. As my friend and I have never been to Australia before we don't know the good places to dive. We both have LonelyPlanet guides but they don't really contain any useful info on places to dive out of. Can anybody tell me some good places to dive out of that are close-ish to Sydney or at least a reasonable trip away? We are looking for a liveaboard that isn't too expensive. We're both certified but would need to rent gear (her = everything; me = tank, weights, BC, reg). Basically I'm looking for tips and places that are must-sees but are also within a reasonable distance to Sydney. Flying to a place may be an option since JetStar seems to have some pretty good prices. Anyways, help!!

just take note that january is during the rainy/hurricane season (dec-march) i went in
march and had a surprise visitor (cyclone ingrid) all the reef trips were cancelled for about a week. I did get to go on my long awaited trip to osprey and Cod hole but the vis was bad and the sea was very rough.

Ugh, we'll keep that in mind and cross our fingers that no cyclones wind up near us! Thanks for the tip! :)

thats the trip i went on, it is a great boat its only a year old, the food is great. they have great equipment. Cod hole is amazing. the shark feed dive at osprey reef is great as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom