Gear and cold weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My gear has frozen before now and now suffered any ill effects.

Thanks for the input. Therefore it will remain in my jeep in preparation for ice diving on Feb 11th provided my best friend's drysuit gets back in time. I'm pumped, havent' been ice diving in 2 years.

It might be a good idea to take it in and let it dry thoroughly before ice diving.

darylm74:
Thanks for the input. Therefore it will remain in my jeep in preparation for ice diving on Feb 11th provided my best friend's drysuit gets back in time. I'm pumped, havent' been ice diving in 2 years.
cool. where are you going this year?

As MSilvia stated- I agree.

I would take the gear in the house..let it dry up and give it a once over.

Do not assume everything is in working order...Ice diving...or any diving...ya want to double check.

XJae:
cool. where are you going this year?

XJae,

There is a quarry about an hour North of Pittsburgh that my LDS has access to. It is not very deep, about 35 feet or so, but a good place to train and just to get wet. I did my ice dive training 2 years ago there but have not been able to ice dive again due to the lack of ice last year.

MSilvia:
It might be a good idea to take it in and let it dry thoroughly before ice diving.

Very true. Thanks

darylm74:
XJae,

There is a quarry about an hour North of Pittsburgh that my LDS has access to. It is not very deep, about 35 feet or so, but a good place to train and just to get wet. I did my ice dive training 2 years ago there but have not been able to ice dive again due to the lack of ice last year.
i hear you, last winter was pretty bad... although we did get to squeeze in a day during a small window of opportunity. you've prompted me to check and according to the local paper the place we go to in VT currently has 12 inches. :D

Ice Diving.... Burrrr..... Frozen Gear.... Burrrrr..... you guys are making me cold here!!!!

I think I'll stick with my Starbucks..:coffee:

Jon C:
Here in SoCal we have similar concerns...sometimes we spill our Lattes on our gear when we reach for the sunblock. At night when the temp plummets to 65 degrees, there is no telling what that will do to the equipment. So its off to Starbucks for a refill and a inspection at the LDS!:wink: Hawaiian divers have similar issues, but also need to consider the implications of those small cocktail umbrellas getting jammed in the secound stage. Diving is just not an easy thing!

Who drinks lattes when the low is 65?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom