Gear and travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, this is gender-stereotyping up the whah-zoo, but I'm gonna ask anyway. You indicated a woman challenged you taking dive gear, which presumably takes up limited luggage space. If your dive gear weren't going, by any chance would your wife be re-purposing that space to haul more stuff (such as clothes)?

Richard.

Oh no mate - there wasn't going to be any negotiation on the dive gear. And I bought additional luggage for the flights intentionally (so all my gear can go AND so I can throw my clothes in her bag!!! Lol)

She was just curious why we all haul our gear with if rental equipment is available!

+1 for taking all of my own gear, including all of the accoutrements (lights, reels, SMB, save-a-dive kit, camera bag, etc...). Renting doesn't even cross my mind as an option.

Last edited:
+1 for taking all of my own gear, including all of the accoutrements (lights, reels, SMB, save-a-dive kit, camera bag, etc...). Renting doesn't even cross mind as an option.
Oh yeah. Lights are an absolute must since we seem to be some of the few divers that like to night dive most places that we go. Lights can be hard and expensive to rent. Plus, I prefer to dive with three lights at night and the same three lights during the day. That would get mighty expensive to rent, especially when my husband dives the same configuration.

Back
Top Bottom