gear storage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We also keep our gear in the spare bedroom closet. I acutally like that the closet smells like neoprene, but a few of our guests have disagreed. :D

Spady:
We also keep our gear in the spare bedroom closet. I acutally like that the closet smells like neoprene, but a few of our guests have disagreed. :D

I was goint to say the exact same thing! When I get lonely and sentimental, I just go in that room and take a long whiff, and somehow feel better.:)

Kept in the close, except tanks those stay in the garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon C
It surprised me that Sacramento had triple digit temps. Thought So Cal had the warmer weather. In any case, I keep my gear in the garage: Bag the wet suits using broad drysuit hangers. This keeps the car fumes off the neoprene. Even during our heat waves, the garage stays pretty cool. I would guess there is more of a threat from the car exhaust than the heat.

Sactown has crazy hot weather. I think it got up to 115 degrees last summer and its pretty much over 100 for most of July and August.

Sounds like us Sacramento Valley folks are still blowing off steam from last summer's record heat wave....:wink:

closet.jpg

I keep my regs, wing, wetsuits, drysuit and neoprene stuff (boots, gloves) in the house in a dark container to keep out of the cold/heat/light. I keep other items like tanks, lights, bp/harness and all other miscellaneous gear in the garage.

If you're surprised that Sacramento gets triple digit heat, how surprised are you that Eugene, OR does too? :wink:

We stow our gear in dive bags in the house after rinsing it. (well..most of the gear..regs/bc's/f,m,s/etc....the drysuits get hung to dry then rolled..and the lead is all in a weight bag) We have a spare room (no kids!) that has become the "gear room" (and my refuge...a place to hang my hockey memerobilia [Go Leafs Go!], etc). Works well for us, and makes us feel a bit more secure that thousands of dollars worth of gear isn't sitting behind a flimsier door in the garage.

Cheers,
Austin

After buying an BC, the shop owner advised that keeping it in a garage would shorten its life. This is Florida. I learned my lesson by putting gear in a North Carolina Attic. Rubber fins and masks deformed into unusual shapes. It damaged the connection between the BC bladder and fill fitting, too.

Sparticle Brane has the right idea. The red necktie probably looks sharp with that shorty suit, too.

My wife thinks I should keep this thing called a car in the garage. Then where would the diving and boating toys go.

what garage? what closet? So I'm building up my bed frame for storage. Once i'm done I'll post some pics.

Back
Top Bottom