gear storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My friend has been storing her drysuit for a couple of years in the bag it came in. The silocon seals (both neck and sleeves) melted together and have to be replaced at $150 for the entire suit. Based on this experience, I would suggest hanging the suit up in a closet, rather than storing in the bag.

Also, since most masks today have a silicon skirt, I would store it in a dry place, such as a closet in the house, instead of a garage in the hot summer months.

Has anyone seen/heard/used/been fascinated by the device available through this site? http://www.myscubabuddy.com/scuba.htm

Looks like a weekend or three project using materials found at your Home Depot.

Mike,

What a neat gadget--but what will the neighbors say when I do not have my gear draped all over my upper deck? And now I know what to do with all that pvc that will be around when I dismantle the no longer used sections of my automatic watering system!

Good find!

Joewr

Real funny Mike,

Speak for yourself.....That thing would take me 10 or 15 trips to Home Depot, probably $2000.00 or $3000.00 before it was all said and done and it still wouldn't work right.

Sounds like a bargain to me at $139.00 :)

Jimbo

I want the gear locker that you describe, but I want it to be mobile. Put a rinse tank, cylinder & suit storage, plus maybe bbq, cooler, etc. on a small trailer that I can tow while camping... When I figure it out I'll draw you a picture!

-kate

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom