Geo 2.0 Online Class & Support

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wannafly

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I recently bought the Geo 2.0 online and registered it with Oceanic right after receiving my order. Oceanic's standard mail offering the free online training class contained a broken link to the Oceanic website where I was supposed to add the training class to my shopping card and use the provided coupon code upon checkout.
I have already contacted Oceanic directly (no answer) as well as the dive-shop that sold me the Geo 2 who told me that they didn't know how to fix the problem and had no reliable contact at Oceanic as they recently closed their shops in Germany.
The broken link: http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/us/geo-2-0-dive-computer-training/

Does anyone know if its still possible to get the free training class? The lack of support from Oceanic makes me consider returning the Geo 2 and switching to another manufacturer because I don't want to end up with a broken/bugged computer and no way to fix it.. Any thoughts?

And you can Google Geo 2.0 and select the Oceanic pdf manual.

I have the Oceanic Veo 3.0, which is more computer than I really need but I love it!! And I learned the finer points by watching the online videos and using the downloaded pdf manual.

Best of luck!

I know, but in order to get those training videos for free, I have to follow the steps as outlined in Oceanic's mail:

"Your registered product includes a free training class. To redeem your class, please follow the steps below:

1. Please visit This Link
  2. Add the training class to your cart
  3. Enter this coupon code XXXXXXXX at your cart
  4. Once you have checked out, you will receive another email to your class with a code to start your training"
As I described, the link is broken and I can't find the training class on Oceanic's homepage either. I am aware that there is a pretty detailed handbook but as several people in the forum already mentioned, it is not very intuitive to use.

Have you tried the link using a different Internet browser. As of late many of my Internet problems have been resolved using a different browser.

Regarding the Geo 2.0, I did need and took the same class because the computer is not that intuitive and the class exercises are better than the manual. The class does not explain everything but it gives you the basic navigation and from there it's easy to figure it out. You may be able to watch one of the YouTube videos and get the same basics down.

If the coupon for the class is no longer offered, I recommend paying for the course and taking it. It is not expensive but it's well worth it.

Watch the videos and any others you can find and fill in the blanks using the pdf. I certainly didn't read the whole thing. As KDAD said once you get a couple of things figured out by watching the videos, I believe you'll start to notice the computer becoming more and more intuitive to use. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom