Geocaching!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most of the caches are filled with little trinkets and toys. The dollar store is a great place for cache fodder. We leave things like little paratroopers, dinosaurs, colored chalk, things like you'd find in a Christmas stocking. Some have really good stuff like dog toys, electronic games and little radios.

This is the bendy pig we left at a cache yesterday. :)

Welcome to the geocaching family!

It is a blast planning a trip, and seeing what interesting caches you can search for while you are there. Especially Virtual Caches that take you to out of the way spots with spectacular views.

There is a scuba cache called "The Rapture of the Deep" (GC4B96) in the Bahamas that I've been keeping my eye on. You dive on the "Bimimi Barge", which sits at 100 feet, and search for a plaque attached to the shipwreck that has the coordinates for the 2nd stage.

Hop on over to the website, search for this cache, and check out the pictures right above the logged visits. Pretty cool.

I posted something about Geocaching a while ago.. I'm a sicko and have done a little of it with a map/compass bit by converting GPS coordinates.

Grier and I talked about doing stuff on the Lauderdale reefs once many sons and moons ago... I hope he get it worked out up there.

I *figured* I was amongst geocachers here. :D

Joe and I found a Jeep travel bug last night! :monkeydan
That's the reason we started doing this to begin with. Mine! Mineminemineminemine!

That would be great bait to get Joe diving, an underwater cache. Brilliant. I am guessing you can't use a GPS, but have to use your wits and a compass. Sounds great to me!

We have looked in some places right in our back yard that we never knew existed, that's the beauty of caching. While looking for caches, you can run into some pretty strange folks. This Jeep was found in the woods near Princeton, and we ran into an apparent drug deal on our way out of the peaceful, tranquil, isolated venue. We made our way out quickly. In Princeton? Who knew? I will be reluctant to go back there!
Hm. We have a SB member who is a police officer in Princeton. Wonder if he still reads the board? :11:

This is the Jeep we got last night. Woohoo!

Yeah, in Princeton. Herrontown woods.

We do have to give it back though. A travelbug is a trackable object that's meant to be moved from cache to cache. It originated in Connecticut and has traveled a couple hundred miles in a couple of weeks. We will plant it someplace in south Jersey soon, I suspect. :)

I've been geocaching over 4 years now and have found some fun caches but I'm growing weary of it and I've slowed way down.

I too am Geocaching... will be looking for one in Nova Scotia this weekend!

Always thought this sounded fun, but I'm resisting taking up yet another hobby.

SueMermaid:
Yeah, in Princeton. Herrontown woods.

We do have to give it back though. A travelbug is a trackable object that's meant to be moved from cache to cache. It originated in Connecticut and has traveled a couple hundred miles in a couple of weeks. We will plant it someplace in south Jersey soon, I suspect. :)
Congratulations! You sure you don't want to move it more towards central NJ?
You are too funny... the same reason I was considering getting into this. Need more Jeep.
I'm still GPS-less, but my new HID light is on it's way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom