Geocaching!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll do that. I hate that I'll miss you this weekend. I'll be at Bluestone the next two weekends, though, doing my IDC on the first and my IE the second. \\

That little cache held up pretty well, but the eyebolts are a bit rusty already. I'm thinking about changing them, or maybe just leaving them down and see how they do at the end of the season.

BTW, I just gave copies of my Rolesville maps from the NCWD site to a group of local divers here in Charlotte. I also directed them to both SB and www.wreckmaniac.com. We met while they were doing an AOW course in Lake Norman Quarry. (Lake Norman Scuba has a weekly Thursday Night Dive, and I try to join them whenever possible.)

It's great to hear from you, Mel.

Safe ascents,
Grier

SueMermaid:
We were down by Philly for a year, but we moved up closer to where I work in Princeton. (we live in Ewing now).
Very nice down there. I worked for a few years in that mega-complex off Scotch Road and for a few years before that in Plainsboro. Now I travel to downtown NYC. Anyway, Ms. Gremlin, you've peaked my interest... a meridian gold is on route to my residence. :) BTW, I took a better look at the Jeep Commando... I'm thinking an Unlimited Rubicon w/ a trailer might be a better option for me.

Ah, a convert. :D Congratulations on your new addiction.
We were out in the Collier's Mills reserve two weeks ago in our Jeep and happened upon two fishermen who were stuck up to their axles in the sand with their Saturn. The Jeep made short work of it. Jeeps rule!

(O|||O)

:)

GrierHPharmD:
I'll do that. I hate that I'll miss you this weekend. I'll be at Bluestone the next two weekends, though, doing my IDC on the first and my IE the second. \\

That little cache held up pretty well, but the eyebolts are a bit rusty already. I'm thinking about changing them, or maybe just leaving them down and see how they do at the end of the season.

BTW, I just gave copies of my Rolesville maps from the NCWD site to a group of local divers here in Charlotte. I also directed them to both SB and www.wreckmaniac.com. We met while they were doing an AOW course in Lake Norman Quarry. (Lake Norman Scuba has a weekly Thursday Night Dive, and I try to join them whenever possible.)

It's great to hear from you, Mel.

Safe ascents,
Grier

Okay Grier, I looked and looked all over that PT boat and couldn't find it! Where did you hide it? I ran into Gerry afterwards, and he says he thought it might be on a buoy line off of the boat. Is that correct? After I spent all that time in 50 degree water (freezing with my beanie on - what was i thinking - I needed my hood!) looking for that thing and you had it on the line? :wink: I'll be out there on the 17th diving so I'll look again. I might have to put a little surprise in there too.

P.S. Grier, I want to go out to Lake Norman dive shop soon to sign up for entrance into the private quarries. Is that the best place to sign up for membership and get a key?

Speaking of geocaching, we went caching yesterday and ran into a BEAR! :11:
I didn't think I could move that quickly. We did not see him, we heard him, riiiight over the crest of a hill that we were standing next to. I would guesstimate that we were about 20 feet away, and about 200 paces away from our Jeep! Too close for our comfort.
That's the cool thing about caching, you get to go to great venues and see some amazing wildlife, but....I'd rather see a bear from a much safer distance. :)

SueMermaid:
Speaking of geocaching, we went caching yesterday and ran into a BEAR! :11:
I didn't think I could move that quickly. We did not see him, we heard him, riiiight over the crest of a hill that we were standing next to. I would guesstimate that we were about 20 feet away, and about 200 paces away from our Jeep! Too close for our comfort.
That's the cool thing about caching, you get to go to great venues and see some amazing wildlife, but....I'd rather see a bear from a much safer distance. :)
What is your geocaching handle? We're Lazyboy & Mitey Mite.

SueMermaid:
I'm Sue Gremlin. :)
Are you also known as SueBackpacker? Suehiker? SueKayaker? Is there a theme here that someone brighter than me might notice???????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom