Get in your best shape for Bonaire Shore Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I was walking the pup, Pepper along the creek today, I was thinking about how such trekking on rough rock and rubble is probably a perfect exercise for my now fused ankle, in preparation for Bonaire style shore diving....
Of course, shore diving, I will Not be wearing the 8" logging boots for ankle support that I have always relied on, so maybe as things warm up I'll try shifting to a pair of sneakers for our hikes.
..are we there yet? :gas: :stirpot:

Rum. 1 shot = 3pts. :wink:
Speaking of Rum and Bonaire, ....occasionally as we exit Bonaire at BON Airport, the "tax free" outlet has had bottles of Bonaire Rum, with a graphic of downtown Kraledijk on the label.
I have no clue who produces that Rum, as Internet searches do not show it, but it is a Very SMOOTH Rum.
It was also very affordable.
It has become a saught after gift, when I can find it.

As I was walking the pup, Pepper along the creek today, I was thinking about how such trekking on rough rock and rubble is probably a perfect exercise for my now fused ankle, in preparation for Bonaire style shore diving....
Of course, shore diving, I will Not be wearing the 8" logging boots for ankle support that I have always relied on, so maybe as things warm up I'll try shifting to a pair of sneakers for our hikes.
..are we there yet? :gas: :stirpot:
Want stronger ankles? Go barefoot!!!!!

Want stronger ankles? Go barefoot!!!!!
With a fully fused ankle, I now have zero shock absorber in that foot. On vacations I often do go barefoot, but I have to avoid hard surface, and rough terrain walking.

Went to WW tonight. Somehow I am down 1lb. Small win. Will take it!

Went to WW tonight. Somehow I am down 1lb. Small win. Will take it!
I am down @6# from Fiji. We left there a week ago now.
Dropping from Three hearty meals a day at Volivoli ( which has a very good chef), back to my 1 meal, and walking the pup every day, has helped.
In my experience, though, the first few # dropped after a "vacation weight gain" usually happens pretty quickly and almost effortlessly, but the last few pounds have a way of hanging on for dear life.
Luckily the weather is cooperating for walking.
That is not guaranteed to happen here in February...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom