Get them feet up!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't sew them. I weaved them in to the webbing through the spaces on the weight. Then I webbed the harness to the Backplate again.

And yes, I am using a donut wing. The HOG 32 lb singles wing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Won't be diving until next week, if I can get some pool time in between I'll be sure to work something out.

It was to get my torso down, but not my head. My head was at the angle it needed to be, but not my torso. I found that with smaller weights in the webbing I can bring my torso down to near perfectly horizontal, while still keeping my knees up. This also helps the turtling by balancing both sides out. I also switched to a SLIGHTLY more positive boot. This balances out the negative-negative of jet fins and the ScubaPro boots I had. This helps my feet to "return" to the original up position after a frog kick or in particular, a helicopter or back kick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My advice is to get rid of those weights on your harness. Balancing for trim is done by moving your backplate up or down your back combined with (most importantly) body position. You don't want to have any junk on your harness other than what is absolutely needed. Its just more stuff to get in the way and make gearing up difficult.

A lot of this is just learning how to use your body to balance stuff out. Its a thing you have to practice.

If the weights don't get in the way, and don't interfere with getting in and out of the harness, I see no harm in them. I use weights in camband pouches; I've known other people to fabricate tubes of lead pellets and ziptie them to the holes in the edges of the backplate. So long as the weights are unobtrusive and properly placed to get you into trim, they should be fine.

Often, though, if the amount of weight you're adding is that small, the problem can be corrected with tank placement. It's amazing what a difference it can make, just moving a tank a couple of inches up or down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom