Get Your Great White Sharks Right Here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great shots. Like everyone (well, almost everyone) above, I would really love to make that trip. Thanks for sharing!

Nice shots... the light created an interesting mottling or striping effect in image #2. I take it you had good weather while down there. I was there last December and it was overcast a fair bit of the time we were underwater. It did create a softer, more uniform lighting to shoot under.

Guadalupe certainly is an interesting trip! The whites are absolutely beautiful and graceful (at least from within the cage... although the year before a friend was in one of the cages when a great white barreled right through it!).

Here are a few more shots. I'm not much for editing so at most the pics were "clarified", "unmasked", possible crop, and maybe some simple "color balance". The water color and viz would really change throughout the day. From deep blue and 80ft viz in the morning to 20ft viz with the water a milky green in the afternoon back to blue and 80ft viz by evening.

Interesting. Our vis varied from 15 ft one day to more than 80 another. Friends who did the trip last year said they had 150-200 ft.

All pictures are great. Looks like one Great White was in a fight. Loved the close up of the Great Whites makes you feel like you are right there :11:

Beautiful. Are these available light shots or did you use strobes?
Some friends went to S. Africa earlier this yearfor similar dives but they did allow snorkel only in the cage, no scuba gear so that did not seem worth it for me. Also water was way too cold for my usual diving habit :)

Back
Top Bottom