Get Your Great White Sharks Right Here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks all, as you can see I posted a trip report and more pics. I would say 80% of the time you are shooting natural light. Once you get a feel for their routine you can turn the strobe on when you think they are going to rush the cage.

All i have to say is "I'm so jeolous" that is my ultimate trip diving with those wonderful misunderstood creatures. thanks for the pictures

Those are absolutely beautiful photo! Thank you so much for sharing. Like most of the others, I too am jealous.

I heard it can be a rough trip out and a rough time once you get there. I would like to here about your experince.

We had a swell that was running to the southwest which we were told is unusual. The swell ran around 8(avg), way out and back. We had scop patches on which really helped and you can take a 1-2 Dramamine if you want to knock yourself out and get some sleep. You do have 22 hours to kill. Once we were at anchor it got much smoother, maybe 2-3ft swell there was only one day/night where it was a little rough on site. As mentioned the crew said that typically the weather is much better, often glass flat at the island.

Those would be mating scars.

I'm off to the Farallons next month, but it would be a blessing to come back with pics half as decent. Wish me luck.

Really beautiful pics. Looks like most of the Guadalupe GWs are smaller. A lot younger sharks, huh?

Floridawannabe:
All pictures are great. Looks like one Great White was in a fight. Loved the close up of the Great Whites makes you feel like you are right there :11:

There were several large sharks, +12ft, but they did not seem to hang around the cage as much. There was one small and very aggressive female that came by everyday. Here is a pic of her.

cool pics of GWS I love Guadalupe Island...Going out there again Novemebr 12th...Keep those sharks coming.

What a beaut.

Something more threatening about those little guys...... they can get in the cage

Any makos or blues?

mjh:
There were several large sharks, +12ft, but they did not seem to hang around the cage as much. There was one small and very aggressive female that came by everyday. Here is a pic of her.

Back
Top Bottom