getting fills question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If your vis is expired - of course stickers have to be removed to check for pits - that's pretty straight forward. Clearly the limiting factor on tanks, valves, regulators is the PP fill method requires O2 cleaning if it's to be exposed to 100% oxygen during the low pressure filling portion of the partial pressure blending routine. Pre-blend does help but a suprising number of shops still freak out about the 'high level' of danger presented by this "mysterious" gas called oxygen. <lol>

A local shop in California went all out and purchased a low-pressure permeable membrane system. But here's the best part they absolutely state in their policy and back by their practice that they will fill anything to 40%. Their only stipulation is tanks must have current hydro and vis. No O2 cleaning required. Oh, yeah and you need a nitrox cert card too of course. Otherwise just like the shop mentioned at the outset of this thread they will tear every last sticker off your tank to inspect, and like any reputable outfit if your tank is toast they will condemn it.

Here's their website: Hollywood Divers

reefraff once bubbled...

Anybody know how to jam a fill station into a small high-rise apartment? I'd love to be doing my own...

Steven

I have a crow-bar (old bluey) and a sledge hammer if those will help.

Hey, East Coast Divers in Framingham!!!

Did everyone forget about us!!!

We do EAN fills too!!! and a lot cheaper from what it sounds like. We bank 36% and a fill would be $9.50.

We also do PP blending also, if people have cleaned tanks.

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...
Hey, East Coast Divers in Framingham!!!

Did everyone forget about us!!!

Yep... we always do :)

We do EAN fills too!!! and a lot cheaper from what it sounds like. We bank 36% and a fill would be $9.50.

That's _really_ good to know. Will you guys PP the 36% down? [I assume; but I've found places w/ 32% that wasn't willing to cut it down to 30].

Genesis said: As for the contents, if there's NO label, you cannot assume anything about the contents of a tank with a Nitrox sticker on it. Get out your analyzer and check it.
This is the key, making sure that, no matter how your tank is marked, that you know what you're breathing.

:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom