Getting kit serviced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vidiotic

Registered
Reaction score
Will be arrving on Utilia soonish after a spening a bit ot time in Belize. Kind of hoping my reg last the course while we are there so will be looking to get it serviced as soon as get on the island. IS there good shop that can service a Mares reg? IF so how much does it cost?

There's a Mares distributor on Roatan in the west end, so in the unlikely event you have problems getting it serviced on Utila, you could make a quick trip.

I'd highly recommend Luke, an instructor at Ocean Connections in West End, Roatan to anyone needing service while in the Bay Islands. I met him two years ago when he was working for West End Divers where I found him to be a great divemeaster and noticed he serviced the shop's equipment. then in April we went looking for him to go diving. After a bit of checking around we found him at OC but he was mostly instructing so we didn't get to dive with him. Over beers we talked about his repair skills and found out that the regulator (mares) service and modifications my wife had done for $175 here at home would have cost $30-$40 down there: lesson learned. Luke's a great guy, very conscientious and methodical, check him out if you're in the area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom