Getting OUT of your wetsuit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i have the same problem,even rolling it off it takes 10-15 minutes to get it off,cream rinse helps it go on.

You could cut it off and buy a new wetsuit for each each dive. You might need a bigger dive bag though.

I only have a problem when I get down to the feet. I have high arches, and sometimes it is challenging to get my feet out. Once while diving in a 7mm, my buddy was pulling so hard that I ended upside down while he pulled and pulled. We still laugh about that.

Thanks all for your comments, recommendations, and stories. Some of them had me rolling. I’m glad I’m not the only one with this issue. :)

Oh yes, it's such a glamorous sport.

divinginn:
i have the same problem,even rolling it off it takes 10-15 minutes to get it off,cream rinse helps it go on.

Really? I can' imagine what you do for that amount of time.

This is, for me, a bigger reason why I want a drysuit than how warm it is. I've tried everything. I'm about ready to get a come-along or a winch! Or a pair of pliers and a blowtorch. Or a drysuit.

surfmaui:
but it takes me 10 minutes to get the legs off sometimes, and I've more than once whacked my ankle on something in the process. I haven't tried a suit snot mixture just yet (because I figure it will be gone at the end of the dive) but I will try it soon.

Any suggestions are welcome.

You may want to add ankle zipper to the suit legs.
I use a 7mm scubapro and it has this sealing method, one layer of neopren goes in the booties, the second layer has a zipper.
The suit is very easy to put on and remove, and the sealing prevent water circulation and keep water very warm in the legs.

Bernard

I use the plastic bag technique to get my suit off my feet as well. Just put your foot in a plastic bag, tuck the bag under the suit around the ankles and then roll the suit down the legs and straight off. It will just slide over the plastic covered feet.

Back
Top Bottom