Getting restarted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
my wife and I have been in the country for 6 years. We are both quite experienced, I am a BSAC advanced diver with advanced nitrox qualification and my wife is a BSAC dive leader. Last Saturday saw us reenter the sea for the first time in 6 years. We went with SEAL diving in Traralgon, Gippsland. Just wondered about any organisations/clubs nearby, how do we go about affiliating ourselves with an organisation, even if it isn't BSAC (divers are divers) just so we are covered?????
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Greetings, Welcome to Scubaboard.

Just so you know the Adv section is more catered to questions that delve outside of basic/adv but aren't exactly tech diving per say. It's not solely used for adv cert divers. You're question's Ok here though, it just might get more views and better responses in another section. If you feel that you want to move it you can click the Report Post button and type out a message to the moderator to request it be moved to a section of your choice.

I'm not too familiar with BSAC, but I believe they operate as a half step between a club and an agency. There aren't too many other clubs that are like them. So in terms of coverage, you're probably looking at personal dive insurance such as DAN or Dive Assure

You should checkout the regional sub forum for Australia and introduce yourself; linked below:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/australia/ - Australia sub-forum
Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands - Regional Forum

That should get you a few more specific answers on where you can find a club and get to know more divers in your region. You could also inquire at a LDS (local dive shop), I'm sure they could point you in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom