gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rabbitears

Reaction score
hi there everyone..can anyone tell me what the vis is like at gilboa..id like to dive there after i come back from florida ..and is it true that you can camp there as well? thanks in advance,,the boards other bunny

A couple of weeks ago I could see the bus from the front of the plan. I think thats more than 50'. What I like about Gilboa is that even in the summer when there are crowds and things are mucked up you can always find good vis. There are areas that just dont get much trafic. Gilboa is one of my absolute favorite places to dive.

Your right... the viz can be better than 50ft (but we don't want all those Caribbean divers getting jealous of us, now do we?)

During crowded weekends, when diving the shallow side, I prefer a path that follows the wall from the "junkyard" down to the tubes... best viz when everything else is mucked up...

wb

I like to follow the wall out well past the tubes. Great dive.

I have seen those cats a number of times. They are kind of shy so I wasn't able to get real close. They look like blue cats. What do you think?

Originally posted by MikeFerrara
I have seen those cats a number of times. They are kind of shy so I wasn't able to get real close. They look like blue cats. What do you think?

I've gotten to within 10ft or less and was surprised that they didn't move (laying in the rocks). They seemed like Channel Cats to me, but I didn't shine a light on them so you may be right.

wb

Back
Top Bottom