Ginnie (or other caves) 12/4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Viz at Peacock today was about 30 in the cavern, getting better once you hit the Peanut tunnel and kept improving to about 60-70 all the way to Waterhole 3, after Waterhole 3 I cannot comment on...

And yes, that's right, I did go diving today :D

OneBrightGator:
And yes, that's right, I did go diving today :D
Some people are lucky enough to be able to get out in the day rather than work - you may find this in a few months :11:

So what are we thinking, Ginnie, Peacock or another? I am good with any of them. I need to be near Rennekers (sp?) to rent a wing (mine still in shop being replaced), but of course either location is fine :wink: I would like to know tomorrow so that i can let them know ahead of time. Pete, what do you think about sharing a ride up?

Well, Rennakers is by Peacock, way outta the way if you're going to Ginnie, but CE East might have them, give Rich a call tomorrow: 386-454-7511.

I'm down for either, but you know the deal!

It's also contingent on me getting my light to fire... which it didn't on the second dive...

ohhhh mannnn, apparently getting a :frosty: christmas tree, decorating and spending quality family time is taking precendence over :scubadive this weekend. (otherwise I would have come along and hung out in the cavern zone with jeandiver)... what has the world come too.

Guess I can't complain too much since I'm drysuit training in the pool next weekend and one of the springs the week after before getting back into Intro after Christmas. :)

Have fun and be safe.

mavjax:
ohhhh mannnn, apparently getting a :frosty: christmas tree, decorating and spending quality family time is taking precendence over :scubadive this weekend. (otherwise I would have come along and hung out in the cavern zone with jeandiver)... what has the world come too.

Guess I can't complain too much since I'm drysuit training in the pool next weekend and one of the springs the week after before getting back into Intro after Christmas. :)

Have fun and be safe.

Well , I will be thinking of you after I Line-wrap myself around a couple of rocks (I.E. You won't be there to CUT me out!!! ) :wink:
Very cool on the dry-suit training and the Intro...If you wanna go do some cavern practicing before your Intro , let me know !!!

Jean

OneBrightGator:
Well, Rennakers is by Peacock, way outta the way if you're going to Ginnie, but CE East might have them, give Rich a call tomorrow: 386-454-7511.

I'm down for either, but you know the deal!

It's also contingent on me getting my light to fire... which it didn't on the second dive...
Ben, looks like Pete is bowing out with other commitments. So seeing as you are a poor student it might be best to hit Peacock, i will have to get my tanks filled when we get there and of course rent that wing. Not sure what time is best though, i think its going to be a good 4 hours up there including fill stop, so might try to do a 10-11am arrival. can talk to you later tonight if you call. That would give us some time for a dive or two in the day. I havent done any of that spring beyond the cavern at P1, what depths are we thinking for the couple of tunnels leading off that area? From what i gather OG is in the 100ft range, thinking 32% will cover me either way. Let me know tonight if you can, probably wont be able to check the thread tonight or in the morning as the computer is in my roommate's room - he might be sleeping that early :wink:

I wont leave the house though tomorrow unless i either get a call from you Ben or have a chance to check the board to see if you replied (which wont be till late 10am when my roomie wakens).

OneBrightGator:
I'll call you later, but it ain't lookin' good, my light won't arc, so...
I'll call Pete, see if i can borrow his from him - you never know, but i will have to check before making that a firm offer. You can always rent one???

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom